Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

:aswelcomesu::wave::notalone:

I am glad you found this site. This is a wonderful place for support and everyone here is always willing to help in anyway they can so please don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. I look forward to getting to know you better. Take care

:hug::hug:

Sad

Thank you Sadie :) It seems like it is going to be a nice place. Asking for help isn't one of my strong points, but hopefully I can get past that.

Edited by majeannie

Welcome to AS!!!

There is much support and friendship here at AS! Best wishes,

See you around,

Melissa

We're all nervous when we just join, I think. This place is absolutely wonderful. It has topics on almost everything you can think of, and you're always welcome to post your own. There's no pressure either. The only thing is getting into the chat you must post 10 (or 25??) posts. That's it. After that, you can just reply, or just read. I like that.

The people on AS are the post awesome of all. There's always somebody willing to listen. And even more ready to give a kind word or a cyber hug. It's just awesome. Take your time. Get to know your way around.

PM me anytime...

See you around,

Melissa

Melissa, your a sweetie, thank you. Your welcome to PM me anytime. I actually don't know how to PM. What is it? I have put in a couple of post, but I didn't think it would be difficult giving advice or helping out, being there, but I felt like I was intruding.....I know, sounds crazy......I did also start a new/old topic. I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

I hope your doing well

Thanks again :)

Thanks...I PMed you (witht the instructions...hehe) Sorry it's a rather lengthy message, and I didn't want to clutter your welcome message with it...lol

My picture means "interpreter" in ASL...or as well as you can make it in 2D...lol. If you look at it, it sort of looks like a mask with little eye-holes, but, that's what it actually means...lol (again...I must laugh a lot...)

TTYL

Melissa

Edited by melissa

Well...if you motion the two "f" hands from connected around in a circle until they are connected on the other side, that would be family. However...I heard ASL was eliminating the initializing of many signs. I don't know if the sign for family is still with "f" hands, or if it's with five hands. (????)

Teazle,

Thank you. My main thing I am looking for here is friendship, people to talk to, listen to and hopefully them sometimes listen and understand....So far, I think I found what I was looking for :)

Edited by majeannie

Welcome majeannie

Bit of a newbie myself, just wanted to say that you have come to a great place, I have never met a bunch of people so honest, sensitive, caring, and non-judgemental. I really hope you find it to be the same as AS can be a lifeline of support when you need it, and a great pick-me-up! I read something on here every day that makes me smile!

Don't be nervous and ask away if you have any questions,

Claire x

:hi:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

One thing you have found is a place full of people who accept and understand. It is overwhelming, but this board is full of supportive and compassionate people. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Nicole :throb:

Thank you everyone for your support. This is a wonderful place and I am glad i found it. It is alittle overwhelming, but that's okay, I am sure I am going to figure it out in time. I hope I am able to be as supportive to everyone else as i have been supported in my short time here.

Thank you all again

Majeannie

welsome to as hun, we are here for you :)