Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone.

I have been here a few weeks but I have never actually introduced myself. I jumped straight into My Story. I was feeling down and did a search for "rape chat" and this is the first thing that popped up, and I feel fortunate that it did. I just wanted to get it all out immediately and this place gave me that chance - I thought - of course I don't know if I will ever get it all out. I call it Serendipity that you found me though. I came here because I didn't have anyone to talk to about a rape that took place when I was a teenager, besides my therapist, and my husband ( who I don't want to burden - even though he is very supportive). I still feel confused, anxious, angry, aftraid, numb even, but I do fell better when I get it out. :wave: I just want to say thanks to all who have welcomed me already and who have supported me and to give you a formal- Hello.

Marita

Welcome

I hope you find the hope and support you need.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

This is a wonderful and supportive community and I know I have found speaking to other survivors the best tool in my healing. I hope you are finding the board to your liking, it is an extremely supportive place :)

Nicole :throb: