Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newbie's Lamentation

Somewhat like a crisis centre on the internet, huh? Glad to embrace such a modern wonderment, because it seems the motivation to even get out of bed is just as exhausting as running a few marathons.

I'm going to attempt to not be as anonymous as possible (with some exceptions), because slowly stepping outside of the comfort zone is what seems to heal me bit by bit. So, here's my humble introduction in high, high :crossfingers: hopes that I'm welcomed here unlike any other place, or by any other person...

For now, you guys can call me and identify me by my username. Don't take this wrong, please! I'm paranoid beyond belief of who might grab ahold of my posts. Haha, in any case, other than my name I feel comfortable sharing my bit of story with yous, of course, in the appropriate thread! :)

*sigh*

I'm 20, and I live in southern America. I've lived with my parents my entire life as an only child (step-siblings lived with their mother), and it's not all cotton candy and rollercoaster rides as portrayed. I consider myself to be an amazingly spiritual and loving person, and have usually always been very forgiving. Right now I'm quite at a loss for words. It's been almost a year since the last rape, and just now am I feeling the complete and intense anger that I should've been feeling. I feel I've no where to turn, no one to go to, and no one to understand or help me. My therapist is my therapist, my parents are my parents, and my boyfriend is my love and best-friend... but none of them can understand as fellow victims can. I need some sensitivity in my life, 's all.

*sigh again*

So, I suppose it's all I can unfortunately come up with!! :sor:

I hope I become obsessed with this board, lol. It'd be nice to have somewhere to go to, and people to go to, to talk!

... *bites nail*

Thanks for listening!!

All my Love,

BlueWings

hi,

i'm new here too. so far i think this is a good place. and so far i think its a safe place to come to heal and get suport.

i know what you mean about getting out of bed. i have problems getting out of my truck (truck driver). i think this is a good place to work on things like this. i hope you find it as helpful as i have found it to be in the last two days that i have been here.

c'ya

blake

ps thats not my real name just so everyone knows.

Thanks for replying, Blake. I appreciate it!

I hope that this forum provides the same comfort and level of serenity it has brought you to me, also. I look forward to seeing you and the others around on here.

Hi BlueWings :flowers: and welcome to AS.

If you need more sensitivity and understanding then you've found the right place.

Wow! Your Audre quote hit home quite hard! I actually needed that and am :type: writing it in my safe journal.

*sigh* I'm feeling welcomed already! Thank you!

Well, I think you've both made a great intro, and welcome.

You most definetely are needed here, and if either of you have questions feel free to pm me!

Blessings to you both!

Well, I think you've both made a great intro, and welcome.

You most definetely are needed here, and if either of you have questions feel free to pm me!

Blessings to you both!

Thank you so much! You're too kind. It's funny how people so often take advantage of precious time spent together, and how people all across the world, in times of need, on a forum... can say they need one another.

Thank you! :P

Blue Wings, as I said before welcome to the site. I think you will find a lot of strength, courage and love hear. Please take care of yourself. See you around the boards.

:aswelcomesu::supportu::hug:

HI I am glad that you found this site and hope you feel at home here with all of us. This is such an amazing place to get all of the love and support you need. Everyone here is so wonderful and always willing to help in any way they can. Please don't be afraid to ask for support. If you ever need anything I am always willing to listen. Take care I look forward to getting to know you better.

:hug::hug:

Sad

Wow! Your Audre quote hit home quite hard! I actually needed that and am :type: writing it in my safe journal.

*sigh* I'm feeling welcomed already! Thank you!

:hug: I love Audre. Everything that comes out of her mouth (at least what's in writing, lol) is food for the soul.

Welcome! I remember my first post... and it does indeed make a difference to speak with people who have experienced what you have (as you said, you parents, therapist, and boyfriend may be wonderful but can they truly understand). I hope you find what you are looking for here! I'll admit it didn't take me long to be "obsessed" with this place at all! Such a wonderful group of people...

:flowers::aswelcomesu::loveas:

Welcome! I remember my first post... and it does indeed make a difference to speak with people who have experienced what you have (as you said, you parents, therapist, and boyfriend may be wonderful but can they truly understand). I hope you find what you are looking for here! I'll admit it didn't take me long to be "obsessed" with this place at all! Such a wonderful group of people...

:flowers::aswelcomesu::loveas:

Ah! I'm not even a twenty-four hour old member and I've posted more times than I even intended. Haha. Just goes to show to you guys what a great group you all actually are. How inviting and sweet you all are. It's amazing to be able to input and know what others are going through, and yet, the same in return.

What a place of peace!

(Thank you for the flower!! :P )

Thank you, everybody, for the welcomes!!!!

*hugs*

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I hope that we can be an asset to your healing journey. This is a wonderful community full of supportive, caring and most importantly, non-judgemental people. Glad to have you :)

Nicole :throb:

Welcome BlueWings

I hope you find the comfort, support, and friendship that makes this place so strong. Welcome to AS, and I hope to see you around.

Melissa