Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To Board...

Hi all, I'm looking for a group of people who can help me..My daughter was a victim...and I really don't know what to say or do as a mom....Please if there is a good area on this board I could post my story so I could get some guidance let me know..

:flowers: Hi, welcome. The secondary surviviors section is probably the best place to post, but we are here for you wherever you post..I'm really sorry about your daughter. Wish i could say something more comforting.

I'm really sorry your daughter has to go through this difficult process. The first advice that I can give you is to believe her and to let her know that she didn't do anything wrong. I don't know how old is your daughter, but sadly many survivors blame themselves and for younger ones the feelings of guilt and shame may be even more overwhelming. Your support can make the difference for your daughter and help her understand she is not alone and should not be ashamed.

A good place to seek guidance is the "secondary survivors" forum and I hope that we will be able to provide you with support and information on how to be help daughter. :bighug:

Welcome, we will help you in any way we can.

Most importantly, love her,everyday all day every minute and every mood, let her know that you will love and validate her regardless of her moods and anger that is sure to come.

You may pm me anytime, if you need a friend to lean on.

Blessings sister, you are loved!

Oh yeah, PM, is personal message!

Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you! One who cares enough to find out how to help her.

Please support her.

I wish my mom would do that for me.

(((hugs))) and welcome.

--- Carlene

Welcome .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Hi Welcome to AS. I hope that you will find all the love and support you need to help your daughter through this horrible time in her life. I am so sorry that she has had to go through this. And I think it was wonderful that you have come to find ways to help her. It shows that she a pretty amazing mom. Please feel free to PM me anytime you need to talk......... Take care

:hug::hug:

Sad

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !
:hug: We love :wub: you, and are glad you've found AfterSilence!
:notalone:

I never told my parents. I was too frightened then, because I thought they would believe that it was my fault. I was only eight and am now 38. My dad has since passed, and I will probably never tell my mom. She is 73, and it would serve no good purpose.

My best advice would be to simply love her, as I am sure that you do and will, and let her be normal. Don't constantly focus on it, but don't pretend that it never happened either. Depending upon her age, it might be best to follow her lead and deal with what she does or does not bring up.

It is good to have you with us, though I desparately regret the reason for your coming here.

Take Care,
:pray: Edited by todlyn

it's good your here for your daughter, just remember she is a survivor not a victim :hug: