Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hi This Is Awi

Hi,

I'm Awi. I am a survivor of abuse from family members. I accepted this truth only a couple of years ago. My life is quite complicated and difficult right now. I am getting lots of bad dreams and flash backs of things done to me as a child. Don't know how to deal with things anymore.

awi

We are all here to support you. I have never come across such a place before, and I hope I can help you as much as everyone here as helped me.

There IS hope!

Rhea

Welcome ..:hug::aswelcomesu:

Hi awi,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. There are some great and supportive members here to connect up with. I hope that you can continue to post and get support and to read some of the suggestion threads on coping and such.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome to AS

Here you are not alone.

Best wishes,

Melissa

Welcome to AS this is a great and safe place for support.Don't give up on recovery I know it's hard at first but the night terrors and stuff will eventualy lesson as time goes by.You are recoverying stuff from your past that you have probably buried and things will start to surfice like bad dream's.I heard a saying in my group Shame Grows In Dark Places.It's time to lift the burden off your shoulder's.Good Luck.

Take Care,Summerb :aswelcomesu:

Karen, Thanks for the welcome. I really do need a place to talk about the horrid things that happend to me as a child. No one seems to understand. I have tried to talk to a few people without giving any details really and they just change the subject.

awi

Rhea, Thanks Many times I wonder if recovery does exist or if it is just a dream. How can I forget? I have tried all my life to forget and now it is just impossible. Don't know how to go on from this point.

awi

Emma, Thanks for the welcome. I still don't feel safe about anything. Sometimes I feel I might be losing my mind as I have dreams while I am awake. It is very strange. There are like really vivid memories.

awi

Todlyn, Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope to be able to be a sister in survival. My sister always let me down. I guess one can't choose family. You are only born into a situation.

awi

Lindsay, Thanks. Sorry for having taken so long in writing. My life is difficult right now. Don't know when it is night or day sometiems. Know I sound kind of nuts. I am not. Just have a difficult job. Long hours of work. Feel tired and very confussed.

awi

Kate, Thanks for your encouraging words. I will try to post more often. It is a bit scary right now. There are so many bad things I think of. Memories are so hard to deal with. I don't think it would be fair to burden other people with my ugly past.

awi