Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

I am 48 years old, married to my best friend in all the world. We are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have one beautiful daughter and 3 precious grandchildren.

I was a victim of abuse at the hands of my stepfather from the age of 9 thru the age of 18. Although the sa stopped, the physical abuse never stopped until I left home at the age of 19. I would like to say my troubles ended there but sadly I walked into another abusive environment when I married my ex-husband. The abuse has long ended, but the pain never has & I have waited this long to start healing. For so long I hid my emotions, my pain & my feelings from everyone. I hid behind a wall of lies and became what everyone else wanted me to be. The biggest person I was lying to was me. I've recently started therapy & now I am hoping to find the truth and heal from the pain. And in finding my own path, I would love to help others along the way. If I could help one person in this journey, then maybe I could find a semblance of peace for what I went through.

Thank you for listening. Safe hugs if ok to anyone who wants one. :)

Tina

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !
:hug: We love :wub: you, and are glad you've found AfterSilence!
:notalone:

Tina,

I can so identify with healing later in life. I am 38 and started the healing process almost two years ago. It is good to be able to count you as a member of the AS community.

:pray:
Lyn

Welcome .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Welcome!! I too am healing leter in Life, I'm 37 and just started Therapy a few months ago, its a long hard road to healing but we will get there eventually, btw I have 4 sweet sons and a wonderful Daughter ages 12-3 yo so no grandbabies, for several more years(I hope).lol

Hi Tina,

Welcome to AS. I'm glad that you have a good relationship now. That is a difficult thing to find for a survivor. Good for you.

I'm glad that you are here and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome to AS

Congratulations for your upcoming anniversary!

I hope you find support here.

Take care,

Melissa