Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I am 48 years old, married to my best friend in all the world. We are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have one beautiful daughter and 3 precious grandchildren.

I was a victim of abuse at the hands of my stepfather from the age of 9 thru the age of 18. Although the sa stopped, the physical abuse never stopped until I left home at the age of 19. I would like to say my troubles ended there but sadly I walked into another abusive environment when I married my ex-husband. The abuse has long ended, but the pain never has & I have waited this long to start healing. For so long I hid my emotions, my pain & my feelings from everyone. I hid behind a wall of lies and became what everyone else wanted me to be. The biggest person I was lying to was me. I've recently started therapy & now I am hoping to find the truth and heal from the pain. And in finding my own path, I would love to help others along the way. If I could help one person in this journey, then maybe I could find a semblance of peace for what I went through.

Thank you for listening. Safe hugs if ok to anyone who wants one. :)

Tina

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !
:hug: We love :wub: you, and are glad you've found AfterSilence!
:notalone:

Tina,

I can so identify with healing later in life. I am 38 and started the healing process almost two years ago. It is good to be able to count you as a member of the AS community.

:pray:
Lyn

Welcome .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Welcome!! I too am healing leter in Life, I'm 37 and just started Therapy a few months ago, its a long hard road to healing but we will get there eventually, btw I have 4 sweet sons and a wonderful Daughter ages 12-3 yo so no grandbabies, for several more years(I hope).lol

Hi Tina,

Welcome to AS. I'm glad that you have a good relationship now. That is a difficult thing to find for a survivor. Good for you.

I'm glad that you are here and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome to AS

Congratulations for your upcoming anniversary!

I hope you find support here.

Take care,

Melissa