Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It's Been Thirty Years And Sometimes It Is Still New!

Hi Again to All of my AS Friends both new and old,

I wanted to reintroduce myself. Many of you know me as todlyn. Due to someone I was counseling and the need to share this site with them, I asked that my nick be changed. Things have been difficult for the past several weeks as well. It has been difficult to be smashed in the face with the realization that I am still living in an abusive relationship.

Below was my original introduction from so many months ago.

Thank you to all that have supported and at times carried me in these months. You are priceless!

Verna and Lindy thanks so much as well for all that you do through AS.

Take care my sisters,

Lyn

Hi My AS Friends,

I am grateful to have found this site. My counselor suggested finding a support group in addition to working with him. I have isolation issues though...

I may be new to AfterSilence, but

This thing is not new. This is my thirtieth year as a survivor. I was eight. I am only now finding my VOICE, and allowing the Lord to repair the layers of my damaged soul. I never realized the devastating effect that this ordeal could have on the developing character of such a small child, nor the impact that it would have on me as I faced the trials of this life as an adult.

Your Sister in Survival,

Todlyn

:pray:

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Welcome to AS this is a very good support group and it has helped me alot.

It has been six years since I was raped and It still feels fresh I know what you mean and when ever you someone to talk to I am hear :hug:

:aswelcomesu:

I'm glad you found AS, it is a wonderful place for support. It's good to have you as part of the group!

Meg

Edited by Venia

Hi Todlyn,

Welcome to AS. I'm glad that you are here.

I can relate to the sense of isolation, as I struggle with that issue as well. Good for you for joining here.

Kate

Hi and welcome ..

I wish you loads of love and support

It has been 25 years this year but being here makes it so much easier ..

:hug: :hug:

Hey Todlyn,

Welcome! It's been 18 years since mine, and I still am healing. I too am leaning on the Lord to heal all the pieces. Like "peeling an onion" as one of my freinds says, you have to go one at a time; peel that onion; then cry a little; once you wipe those tears you can peel another layer.

I too see a therapist once a week, have been for YEARS. It helps me a lot. My prayer and my faith helps me a LOT.

Is there any thing in particular I can pray about for you? If so please don't hesitate to post. I'd love to pray for someone else who's in my shoes. Dealing with this hurt so many years later.

I always wondered, when I was younger, "will this ever go away?" or "when is it going to get better?"... I know now as an adult that of course it never goes away, but it does get easier - and usually when I face it HEAD ON and look at it close up.

If you feel so inclined, please tell me if there is specific things you want prayer for and I'll gladly add them to my prayer list.

Your sister in healing,

Teresa (MOMMYOCOOLTWINS)

Hi Todlyn, I was raped when I was 12 and it is now 39 years since it has happened. I never told anyone and went through life hiding it from myself and everyone else. I began therapy about seventeen months ago and realize now that it has been the best decision I ever made. I welcome you to AS I'm also new here, my therapist also suggested that I go online and find a group to talk to. I hope that this part of your journey in life leads you to healing, peace and happiness, Chris :hi:

Thanks one again to all of you who have responded to this. I have felt so alone in the thirty years since it occurred. The circumstances of my abuse, perhaps as with all cases, caused me to close myself up into a cocoon. I interact with the world, but let very few in. In all those days since the innocence went away, I can count on my two hands, maybe even on one, the number of people I have told.

Thanks for supporting me

Hey Todlyn,

Welcome! It's been 18 years since mine, and I still am healing. I too am leaning on the Lord to heal all the pieces. Like "peeling an onion" as one of my freinds says, you have to go one at a time; peel that onion; then cry a little; once you wipe those tears you can peel another layer.

I too see a therapist once a week, have been for YEARS. It helps me a lot. My prayer and my faith helps me a LOT.

Is there any thing in particular I can pray about for you? If so please don't hesitate to post. I'd love to pray for someone else who's in my shoes. Dealing with this hurt so many years later.

I always wondered, when I was younger, "will this ever go away?" or "when is it going to get better?"... I know now as an adult that of course it never goes away, but it does get easier - and usually when I face it HEAD ON and look at it close up.

If you feel so inclined, please tell me if there is specific things you want prayer for and I'll gladly add them to my prayer list.

Your sister in healing,

Teresa (MOMMYOCOOLTWINS)

Hi Teresa,

Check your email.

Thanks for your reply,

Todlyn

I am going to post to bring this back off the second page. It has helped greatly in connecting with survivors who are older and have been dealing with this for a long time.

I originally e-mailed one of the forum leaders, because I desperately wanted to connect with others who had families, jobs, and all of the emotional luggage that being a survivor may bring. I hadn't actually read this topic for a couple of days when I sent the e-mail. When I did get back to reading here, I realized that I had inadvertently found many who were in the same situation I am in, I thought I would repost, so that it would be brought back up and maybe be helpful to others who are new and looking for connections with a certain age group.

Thanks so far to all of you who have responded.

Edited by todlyn
  • 2 weeks later...

:aswelcomesu: I hope that you find all the support and help in your healing that you need in this group. WELCOME

Ang