Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New, Confused, And So Full Of Questions

Firstly, i guess the most important thing to say is that i am a secondary survivor, though i must confess,i had never heard the term before i came to this site, which, just from the portal page, has help immensely.

So a quick and most ingratiated thankyou to the founders, moderators and supporters, and everyone who made it possible really, becaus just seeing it makes me feel slightly less, angry i guess is the word.

Reading the articles in teh secondary supporter thread, the stickies, it made me think long and hard about my current behaviour, and already, i think that that has been useful.

But moving on to why i'm here, i guess its many reasons, unfortunately.

It seems everyone i know or knew has been raped. Its really quite ridiculous. My best friend right now, my old best friend, my other best friend. So many people, sometimes i get so angry at it all.

I'll shout things, i'll cry and be mad, I'll curse people, threaten people i've never met, because they have hurt my friends. I try not to do this in public though, i know its not helpful for anyone.

I've pretty much come to despise my gender as a general rule, and i know thats not healthy either.

When i said it was many reasons, i think everyone i know thats ever been hurt and abused is a reason. Because i want to help them better, and i don't want to be angry at their abusers anymore, because i know that doesn't help.

Theres a particular person in question who has brought me here however, a young girl i know, whom, in my bid to help, by looking up information i was lead here both by a friend and by my own searches. Thankyou mysterious friend :P

i don't know if she would mind me saying so ill keep it anoynmous for now.

I'm 20, i'm a writer of sorts, at least, thats what i call myself. I live in the UK, and i've just realised i haven't introduced my name so

I'm Daniel, a secondary survivor, a lot, and yeah,

I'm sure theres more but since this is an introduction, i'll leave it at that

Welcome to AS!

Feel free to post in the Secondary survivors forum where you may get more replies than in an introduction in regards to what you have written. :bighug: