Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hi Everyone

I don't know if I should label myself as a survivor because I am mostly here to get help because I suspect my daughter is being sexually abused.

I was molested twice by a old man who used to be our neighbour. I don't have much memory of it anymore and have put it behind me, so I chose secondary survivor. I don't know what to feel and think. I am going through so much at the moment deaing with emotional/verbal/physical abuse from my mother when I was a child, a divorce from an abusive, controlling ex, the recent violent death of my brother and trying to find out what is happening with my daughter and getting help.

I have posted in the secondary forum about my daughter.

Regards

Kitanah

Hi Kitanah :flowers: and welcome to AS.

After reading all that you have written, you are absolutely a survivor. I'm so glad to hear your daughter has you to support her.

Welcome to AS Kitanah :hug:

Hi there,

There is a book that I found good called Allies in Healing that may help you help your daughter. It has information concerning helping others heal from childhood sexual abuse.

I am glad you found After Silence and welcome

Whitedove

Hi Kitanah,

Yes it sounds like you are a survivor. It only takes one incident of sexual abuse for someone to be victimized and to be a survivor. I hope that you can find the help that you need here.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome to AS, Kitanah. :hug: I'm glad to see you here looking to support your daughter. :hug: Please take care when reading the board. Sometimes doing this can trigger things that you thought were put away and dealt with. :hug: