Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hidden Face, Hurting Heart

Hey Everyone,

I just joined up yesterday. I'm part of a survivor's mailing list, but I'd really like to talk with more survivors. I'm 18, and in 26 days I will finally be moving away from my abusers for good. I'm moving to South Africa with my fiance (he's from there). He's been my main supporter, and the main reason that I can call myself a "survivor".

I am a survivor of incest by both my father and mother, including csa and rape earliest memories aged 2 up through age 11. I've also been emotionally, verbally, psychologically, and spiritually abused by them my whole life. Resulting from this, I'm also a survivor of years of minor self-harm (I wasn't aware of how to categorize my actions at the time), two years of major self-harm, a lifetime of depression, probable ptsd (no formal diagnosis), panic attacks, and 3 suicide attempts.

I only started really remembering the incest in detail last year, but the memories I have are clear, and I have dealt with the affects of it my whole life. I always suspected that something "wasn't right" but I blamed myself for it until I started remembering.

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing with you/learning from you.

Hey welcome to AS. I'm so happy you're finally getting away from them. Trust me, from now on things will be better. It will always be a struggle but you're on your way to recovery. If you ever need someone to talk to pm me anyime. Take care and stay strong.

Always Ivana :tealribbon:

Hi,

Welcome to AS. It is nice to meet you. I'm sorry for what you have gone through. I think that it is great that you are moving away.

I wanted to mention that there is a thread in the research and information forum called mother daughter sexual abuse, that you might want to read and perhaps post to.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

:hug:

Kate

Hi!

So glad you found this site. You''ll find a lot of support here. And I'm glad you're moving away!

Blessings,

Hi :hi:

I am also a survivor of incest by both parents so wanted to extend a warm welcome to you. From my own experience moving away is one of the best things I did so I hope it helps you too. There is quite a lot of information 'out there' on mother daughter abuse - if you haven't accessed any and would like to then I'd be happy to help or to chat in general.

Take care and safe hugs if ok :hug:

• 2 weeks later...