Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

Hi, everyone. I was pointed in the direction of this forum by someone after posting a secret about my struggles with what happened to me as a kid (on one of those post secret-type places) and decided to join.

You can call me Joy. I'm 19 and a survivor of molestation, both by my father and (something I've recently come to full terms with) an older cousin.

I've never really sought help before of any kind. It's something I absolutely do not talk about. My best friend in the entire world doesn't know. I'm so ashamed. Anyway. I thought maybe if I joined here I could at least get some kind of perspective or something.

So, that's me. It's nice to meet you all.

Guest voiceless000

Dear Joy,

Welcome to AS... a place of safety, caring, understanding, support and love....

I believe you will settle in quickly.

Take good care of yourself.... and remember, we are all here for you, whatever the need.

Voiceless

:hug:

Welcome to AS

welcome hun! (hug if allowed)

Hi Joy,

Welcome to AS. It is great that you are reaching out. That is great healing progress. Good for you. Hope to see more of you on the boards.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Hi and Welcome to AS.This is a great place to find support.I was alot like you a little over a yr ago and then I got into T and found this place and I can speak a little more about being a survivor more than I could before it takes time but one day you will feel more comfortable.

Take Care,Summerb :aswelcomesu: