Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello- Newbie With Old Problem

Hi!

My name is Melissa B. aka Mel - NOT Missy.

I am also a stroke survivor- massive stroke on 3/23/06 which left me with left sided weakness and some cognitive deficiencies- also affected(tore down) all my barriers and walls I had built because of damage to frontal cortex of brain that organizes your emotions, so I've been all over the map this past year. I am married to a very supportive and understanding man who has stood by me through all of this but I've really tested him, almost to the point of disaster recently.

Survived abuse that occured from ages 8-12 by my step-father, it stopped when I changed custody from my mother-who did nothing about it but get more drunk so then he had more opportunity :hammer: to my father and step-mother - who knew something was going on but also did nothing(kinda one of those things where "if I don't acknowledge it, it didn't really happen to my daughter"

I am still so pissed off - can't seem to get over it - abuser is dead- mother is an invalid( kinda poetic justice: I had my stroke last year-no history of strokes in family- she had two strokes in February and has a long history of heart attacks, stents, and other procedures. She's been medically retired for about 10 years from GM.

She knows and now acknowledges but that's it - she was also abused when she was young so I guess she thinks it's normal or something :533:

Working on my trust and anger issues - looking for advice, guidance, or just a plain kick in the pants to get healthier ......

Very glad to have found this space!

:hug: Hugs and peace to all

Edited by Kelly

Welcome to AS, I hope it is helpful .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Thank you ladies for your kind welcome- I know my problems are a bit overwhelming- I hope to work through things by "listening" to others here so that I can move on with my life.

Again, I thank you for your welcome - have a great day!

Hi Mel,

Welcome to AS.

It is okay to be angry still. I think that is pretty normal.

I'm sorry for all that you went through and continue to struggle with. This is a great place for healing.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate