Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Tiana. I am a survivor of childhood abuse and i was raped 9 years ago. I live in the UK, with my partner Mike, and i have 3 grown up kids who are working, or at University. I've been disabled for the last 2 1/2 years with arthritis. I can get around ok in the house with the aid of sticks but when outside i use a wheelchair.

I've managed to work through many of my problems in regards to the rape, but the CA is proving to be a lot more difficult. I think i can honestly say that i have more good days than bad, but i still have flashbacks and periods of dissociation.

I was a teacher, but have retrained to be a counsellor, and am currently studying pain management in the hope of working with people in chronic physical pain, as well as carrying on with the abuse counselling.

I think that's me in a nut shell.

Take care

tiana

Welcome to AS, I hope you find it a helpful place to be .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

HI TIANIA...I AM ALSO DISABLED WITH CHRONIC BAD BACK PAIN WHICH RESTRICTS ME FROM DOING ALOT OF THINGS.....I HAVE TO TAKE 27 TABLETS A DAY FOR PAIN RELEASE..I WAS RAPED AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTED BY MY EX HUSBAND 4 WEEKS AGO AND NOW MY LIFE IS IN TOTAL DISTRESS. :cry:

I HAVE REPORTED THAT MONSTER TO THE POLICE AND AM WAITING TO HEAR ON A COURT DATE...I AM HOPING HE WILL GET A LIFE SENTENCE (IN PRISON) AS HE HAS GIVEN ME..THEN SOME 1 IN PRISON WILL RAPE HIM. :angry:

GOD BLESS U AND UR FAMILY TANIA..WE MUST TRY AND BE STRONG BUT NOT ALLOW THESE MONTERS 2 DO IT AGAIN...TAKE CARE. :hug:

Hi Tiana,

Welcome to AS. It is good to have you here.

Good for you for retraining and wanting to help others.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear that you've gone through such a trauma and are in so much pain. I hope you find what you are looking for in AS. You'll find a lovely group of supportive friends here.

:bighug::hug:

Atlantis