Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New

I'm new here. I was stalked, assaulted and raped by an ex boyfriend several years ago and have only just recently in the past few months begun to seek help. I am currently in counseling at the urging of my significant other.

We have been having problems recently in regards to our sexual relationship which is why I am here. I need help as I feel like my world is falling apart again. I just want to be healthy and Ok and I feel like I am never going to get there.

I'm new here. I was stalked, assaulted and raped by an ex boyfriend several years ago and have only just recently in the past few months begun to seek help. I am currently in counseling at the urging of my significant other.

We have been having problems recently in regards to our sexual relationship which is why I am here. I need help as I feel like my world is falling apart again. I just want to be healthy and Ok and I feel like I am never going to get there.

First off I want to say welcome to A.S this is a great place for support,I have been a member for over a yr now and i'm really glad there is a site like this for us survivors.Sexual abuse as we all know is a horrible thing to have happen I really encourage you to see a therapist and keep it up as long as you can just take things slow,recovery is really a slow and painful process but it is well worth it.And when you are with someone that maybe has never had a tramatic experience it's really hard for them to fully understand what we are going through.I am also married and he is a great guy but really he didn't fully understand so what I do is I do alot of reading on sexual abuse and I will have my husband also read(maybe not the whole book but the parts that really stand out for me)and it has helped he now has a better understanding.Good luck on your recovery and if you ever need to talk I am here and so are alot of other survivors.Take care Summerb :flowers:

Hi amykat! welcome to AS, i really hope you fins all the help you need to heal.

xxxx

Hi,

Welcome to AS. I am glad that you are here because this is a good place to work on healing. I'm sorry for the issues that you are dealing with. I know that you will find many members who can relate to what you are going through.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome to AS, I hope you find it a helpful place to be .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Hallo Amy.

I hope that you find the help that you are looking for here. Speaking from personal experience, it is likely that you will have others who are having similar issues. I hope you can work it out with your b/f. Good luck! :luck:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

WELCOME

this place is truley amazing, feel free to ask for help everyone is very helpful