Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My Trauma

Hiya everyone

This is hard to write. I was raped 7 months ago and phoned the police straight after. Going through being examined, making statements and being photographed was another horrible experience. I've waited this long to hear about it going to court. He was charged with rape and is out on bail. So they've got till July this year to take it to court. I saw the prosecution for the first time last week which was hard. I was in there for three hours going through IT all again and had to look at photos of my body covered in bruises and marks. I feel terrible. I keep crying cause he is making me suffer even more. I can't understand why he won't just plead guilty. I have to go back to see the prosecution again next week. I just feel judged again- why did you do that? and why didn't you do that? And I was too scared to do anything. Why don't they understand this? How do you keep going when you just wan't to give up? It's all so hard, scary and painful. I wish it would just all go away and he was in jail.

Luv jammieschick

Hi Jammieschick,

Welcome to AS. You are brave to write this down and to have reported it to the Police. I know it is very difficult doing anything like that, I also went through reporting it and it is a very harrowing experience. Hope you find what you are looking for at AS, I know I have. I wish you all the luck in the World with your court case. I hope they get him in jail as soon as possible.

Take care. Hugs to you.

Atlantis :flowers:

Edited by Atlantis
Hiya everyone

This is hard to write. I was raped 7 months ago and phoned the police straight after. Going through being examined, making statements and being photographed was another horrible experience. I've waited this long to hear about it going to court. He was charged with rape and is out on bail. So they've got till July this year to take it to court. I saw the prosecution for the first time last week which was hard. I was in there for three hours going through IT all again and had to look at photos of my body covered in bruises and marks. I feel terrible. I keep crying cause he is making me suffer even more. I can't understand why he won't just plead guilty. I have to go back to see the prosecution again next week. I just feel judged again- why did you do that? and why didn't you do that? And I was too scared to do anything. Why don't they understand this? How do you keep going when you just want to give up? It's all so hard, scary and painful. I wish it would just all go away and he was in jail.

Luv jammieschick

First of all Jamie, welcome to AS! :aswelcomesu:

I'd like to suggest to you that you move this post into one of the protected forums, such as "Share Your Story." This forum is public, and as a member you can post things in private forums. There's no need to move it, only if it would make you feel more comfortable knowing that only AS members can see the post.

Now down to business.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I'm soooooo proud of you for reporting him to the police strait off, and having the courage to prosecute, despite how painful it is right now. I can say that I think you are making a good decision for yourself. When it's over, you will be able to breathe a sigh of relief, knowing you have done your best.

You can survive this. You are strong. I can tell without even meeting you, from your words, and your presence here at AS.

safe :hug: <---If okay

Good luck,

Bluest Jewel

Welcome to AS .. :hug::aswelcomesu: