Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

N00b To As

Hello Everyone

It's strange, I don't really know what to say right now. I guess introductions would be in order.

I'm female, 23, and in college fulltime. I'm a survivor and have been (and needed to continue to be one) for many many years. I'm not ready to talk yet, but I needed to know that I'm not alone.

I was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) when I was 16. We've come a long way in learning to work together to live life. This means that I'm quite comfortable with myself as being us. I may end up posting as 'we' or 'she' or referring to myself by name. My posts might end up sounding very different, but I wanted to be up front about why that is. In respect for this forum's guidelines, only those of us who are survivors of rape and sexual abuse will post here.

I'm sorry that there are so many others who have experienced this kind of horror in their own lives. I'm glad that there is a safe place to continue to support each other and heal.

Silent Ones.

Hi Silent Ones,

Welcome to AS. I hope that you can check out the DID threads in psychological well-being and the research and information forums. There are some DID members here, you will see that in the threads.

Take care and good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome, sweet one, your are not alone.

May I be the first to admit i had no freakin' idea what NOOb meant , I was quite stump, guess now would be a good time to admit, i'm apparently a little on the slow side! Not the sharpest knife in the drawer! LOL

Welcome to AS ... I hope you find it a helpful place to be .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Hello back.

Thank you Chrissy, Kate, drowning000, Ash, determined1, teazle, Ihavemadeit Karen, mandy Molly and Donna. A warmer kinder greeting I have never had. It has made it safe to stay so thanks. :)

Kate: I will definitely check out those places for DID specific things.

Ash: It's okay. It takes time and you will work it through as you are ready to. I found it helpful sometimes to forget the label and just work with what was going on and not try to give it a name.

determined1: I'm sorry. :( N00b is internet slang for a new person. I've also come across it as newb noob, and newbie.

I've been doing some reading and I admire the courage, strength, and caring that I see in this community.

Hi Silent Ones,

Welcome to After Silence :)

welcometoas.png

:throb: Love Always, Haullie