New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Anyone Else?

That happened to me a couple times lately. It happens to me when I see a PM and it is a one liner. So I know I read it all and then delete it before I open it and read it persay. Also, it could be if people erase the PM the send to you after they have already sent it.

Dunno?

I have read that this is a known glitch with the latest Invision software update. I have read that Invision have come up with a fix for it. If you receive a PM or send yourself a PM the count should be reset to 0 anyway.

I saw it when the software was updated on AS, sent myself a PM an it has been fine since then.

Edited by foxy

I had the same problem. Sending myself a message fixed it until I tried to delete it. It then set the message count back to -1. *shrug*

Edited by Venia

I had it too, -1 for a week or something.

It's a bug in this new version of Invision... quite annoying, isn't it? :hammer:

I think they will release a patch for this soon though.

I have -1... :wink:

I have noticed that the more pms you get the less the negative sign goes down. I was -4, just got a pm and am now -3. :)

I have noticed that the more pms you get the less the negative sign goes down. I was -4, just got a pm and am now -3. :)

I just sent you a PM so it should be -2 now :wink:

Nope your pm was the one I was talking about. :)

Send me 3 more and it will be clear. :P

lol, I sent one more so you should definitely be -2 now. 2 more are on the way :P

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to get the negative PM count when I delete PMs, whether or not I have opened them. It doesn't seem to be interfering with my recieving them though :)