Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New...

hi...

my name's Becca. I dont really know how to begin. Sorry. I'm a bit lost and confused and i find that i'm always frightened. I guess you could say that i've been through a lot. Its always been my job to stay strong--to be okay. I almost feel weak writing this...acknowledging that i cant do this alone. I'm going to stop writing now. I fear what i've said is far too personal already. I suppose you'll find out more about me..i guess thats kind of what this forum is for. But as its taking all m y strength just to write this little blurb, i'm not so sure how good i'll be in the rest of the forums. I'm very sorry. I'm probably wasting your time.

Edited by Vision

Hi and welcome to AS - you certainly will not waste anyones time here. Write whenever you feel ready and comfortable enough to do so

best wishes

karen

Hi Becca,

Welcome to AS. Just take your time to read through the forum and so you feel comfortable. You sound as if you have been through a traumatic time. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about always being strong, I'm a capable business woman and people would often turn to me, feeling I was very strong, but the unthinkable happened and I fell apart; please don't feel that you've got to be strong all the time if you've gone through a trauma.

Allow yourself time to heal, and don't put too many expectations on yourself. In this forum, you'll find a lot of people can understand when you have a good day or a bad day, and will be there for you. Please don't apologize, you are not wasting anybody's time here.

Hugs to you.

Atlantis

Edited by Atlantis

Hi vision, welcome to AS. It's hard to post about ourselves but reading everyone else's posts gave me some courage. I know how you feel and you are not alone. Take care. :hug:

Hi Becca,

Welcome to AS. Glad that you are here.

Humans are social animals. We need each other. So survivors need one another in order to heal and this is a great place to find some support and survivor friends.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

hi...

my name's Becca. I dont really know how to begin. Sorry. I'm a bit lost and confused and i find that i'm always frightened. I guess you could say that i've been through a lot. Its always been my job to stay strong--to be okay. I almost feel weak writing this...acknowledging that i cant do this alone. I'm going to stop writing now. I fear what i've said is far too personal already. I suppose you'll find out more about me..i guess thats kind of what this forum is for. But as its taking all m y strength just to write this little blurb, i'm not so sure how good i'll be in the rest of the forums. I'm very sorry. I'm probably wasting your time.

There is no good or bad, just us and when your ready I'll tell you some of my story. Suffice it to say I can relate to your post alot. BLESSINGS!!

Hi Vision. It takes time, and that is okay.

hi...

Hi Becca,

Glad you're here. Take your time and share when you're ready. And when you're ready, we'll be here always. There are no expectations here....just want you to be you. Good or bad, happy or hurting, you are always welcome.

Welcome. :wave:

Hi Becca,

I just want you to know that I felt the same exact way you do when I first got here. I felt lost and scared and weak. I had always been the strong one, the best at everything I did and now I am so sad and scared and weak that I am not myself anymore. But you will find so much compassion and support here at AS, the people here are so great! Welcome and congrats for posting!

:hug::flowers:

• 3 weeks later...

welcometoas.png

:throb: Love Always, Haullie