Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Why Are We Here?

I just wanted to take this oppurtunity to remind us all that ALL of us are survivors. Well DUR is probably what youre thinking right now, so then ill ask you to think about the mods too.

It seems that sometimes, not anyone in particular, forgets that our hard working chat mods, forum mods, and admin are survivors too. We expect our mods to come in and save the day all the time without thinking they might be having a rough day to. This is not to say these arent the people you should go to if you need help, but it is to say....just remember. I am not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, i just thought we could all use a reminder of these kinda things every now and then :)

Thanx for the reminder :)

((((((((((((((((((((((all admins and mods)))))))))))))))))))))))))) You guys are awesome.

annie

:hug: Rach :hug:

Just wanted to say thank-you for this post :) It is true...perhaps I'm speaking for myself,but I doubt it....it can be hard as a mod to post our feelings whether on the board or in chat at times.For me I kinda feel like I'm expected to be fine all the time just because my name is a different colour.At times I do feel like others expect me to hold it together and be the pillar for everyone else to lean on.I know people probably don't see it that way but it sure feels like that at times.Probably my own projections on the matter but it was really nice and thoughtful of you to remind the world that we are ALL survivors regardless of what colour our names appear and just like everyone else us chat mods,mods and admin staff have bad days and need support just like the rest of the community.

ok...that was probably badly put :unsure: but I hope you get what I'm trying to say!!!

:hug: Lene x

((((((((((((((((Miss Racheal))))))))))))))))))))))

This post came just when I needed it and is very much appreciated. Thank you for the lovely post.

Keeponrockinwhichabadself... mmmmhmmmm!

Meow

Racheal your are sooooo right on! Glad you brought this to our attention!

We need a smiley that says "mods are people too" (hehhe.. ok maybe we don't, but at least you get it, right? ok... )

Anyway... I have recently come to get to know more mods much better and I honestly have to say they are some of the kindest, most sincere people I know. It makes me ache to think of any of them suffering, especially since I do think we often (wrongly) put them on pedastals that do not allow them the priviledge of venting their feelings as freely as the rest of us.

Yay mods! Keep on rockin' on!

YOU ARE LOVED!!!! :wub:

You guys are all great, and it takes special people to put up w/ the rest ofus!LOL We are here for you guys too! BLESSINGS!!!

To the mods and admin: Thanks for all you do to make this site a safe haven in a world where that's a rare thing. I appreciate all of you and your efforts. I am in awe because I know we are all survivors here. Thanks again!

:bighug: well isn't this so sweet! Thank you everyone, that was very kind of you to say. Hugs!!!

((((((Racheal))))))

Thank you so much for this lovely post. What a way to brighten up my day!

And a thank you to everyone here, because it is YOU who makes this place as wonderful as it is.

:bighug: