Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, New Here

Hi,

Darnit, sitting here 15 mins trying to figure out what to say. There's just too much and it's all interconnected so I can't discuss one issue without including others. My life has hit bottom in every aspect I can think of, including beliefs I've based my life on regarding how the universe operates. I do however, still trust that the sun rises in the east.

I guess what I'm hoping to find here more than anything is unequivocal compassion. I'm a strong person, but more often than not in the past few months I've felt raw, tender and bruised - as if even a simple glance would physically hurt.

Glad to be here.

bruised

Hey, Bruised. Welcome to AS. Many people, including me, don't always know what to say, but don't worry. I am happy you are here and I hope you find all the support you need. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need anything. Take care,

Koby

I do however, still trust that the sun rises in the east.
Then you also believe it sets in the west, so I welcome you to AS ... Never worry about what you can/can't say, that is the beauty of this place, when you are ready it will come .. And normally somebody is listening, even if we can only give hugs to know you are not alone can seem so much .. :hug: :hug:

:aswelcomesu:

Edited by Ihavemadeit

Hi Koby,

Thank you for the welcome.

I really like your username, and then I saw the avatar. Adorable! I was just now wondering if it's cool to use pics of little ones as our avatar - thanks for inadvertantly answering!

bruised

Hi there Ihavemadeit,

Thank you for the welcome, also.

Never worry about what you can/can't say, that is the beauty of this place, when you are ready it will come

My psychiatrist unintentionally stirred things up with a simple question a couple of weeks ago and suddenly I was no longer numb. There are too many half-thoughts and so many emotions and the result is chaos, which I don't do well. I think I would rather get sick publicly on a roller coaster. :unsure:

bruised

I was just now wondering if it's cool to use pics of little ones as our avatar
Gosh, yes ...

My psychiatrist unintentionally stirred things up with a simple question a couple of weeks ago
I can understand that, often it comes from that sort of moment. For me it was in a church in 1994 and I came out thinking 'WOW, That's what peace of mind feels like, no wonder I have got problems!'. My next thought was 'OH SH*T, B*ll*CKS, F**K, B*GGER, HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS!' And I promptly got very, very drunk!

So, yes, you do feel bruised, but it does get easier and I hope AS can help :hug:

Edited by Ihavemadeit

Hi bruised,

I understand what you mean. Been there, done that. I know that many of the members have been that raw as well. Glad you are here. Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Hi there, Welcome to AS! So glad you found this wonderful, supportive community! We are here whenever you need to talk! I hope you find AS the supportive, compassionate place I have!

:hug:

• 3 weeks later...

welcometoas.png

:throb: Love Always, Haullie

Hello Bruised,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear you've gone through a trauma but you've now found a group of friends that can understand a lot of your emotions and will be here to give you support as best as they can.

Hugs to you

Atlantis