New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

So Glad I Found You

Hello group,

I am so glad that I found you. I have been working very hard in therapy and am telling my secrets for the very first time. I feel completely debilitated. I can't seem to function. I am remembering so much and the nightmares are horrible. I desperately needed to find others who have gone through this and am so relieved that there is a safe place for it. I was too afraid to go to a support group, but I feel so alone.

Doing this scares me to death, too, but I have to try. Everyone keeps saying I lived through the worst of it, but they don't understand how this feels. Thanks for being here.

Gabreal

Hi :hi:

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS. The people on here are very supportive and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for help. I hope you find what you are looking for here. Good for you for starting to break your silence.

Be well and go gently on yourself.

~Sarah~ :hug:

Welcome to AS ..:hug: :hug:

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE WARM WELCOME!! I needed this so much. I have been on for hours and didn't even notice because I was actually finding relief and was able to find things that I could relate to. That is an incredible gift.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Thank you again.

Gabreal

Glad you have found it helpful already .. :hug:

Welcome to AS, I can relate to being on for hours and finding so much comfort from reading what others say that I understand. I don't share much yet, just try to add support. Glad you are here. :clap::youcanheal:

Hi Gabreal,

Glad you are here. I know what you mean about the debilitating aspects of remembering and healing.

"Doing this scares me to death, too, but I have to try. Everyone keeps saying I lived through the worst of it, but they don't understand how this feels."

I understand. I'm sure that you will find a lot of members here who also can understand and relate.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

It was lovely talking to you tonight MarthaGabrealRachelRay. I am glad you found us and are making your way around the board.

Don't forget to scrinjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Much love,

justcallmeberthaormetilda

Welcome to AS Gabreal!

I know how you feel sweetie! I am still to nervous to go to a therapist and this is the only place I feel comfortable talking! So I hope you find the compassion and support that I have here!

:hug: