Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

So Glad I Found You

Hello group,

I am so glad that I found you. I have been working very hard in therapy and am telling my secrets for the very first time. I feel completely debilitated. I can't seem to function. I am remembering so much and the nightmares are horrible. I desperately needed to find others who have gone through this and am so relieved that there is a safe place for it. I was too afraid to go to a support group, but I feel so alone.

Doing this scares me to death, too, but I have to try. Everyone keeps saying I lived through the worst of it, but they don't understand how this feels. Thanks for being here.

Gabreal

Hi :hi:

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS. The people on here are very supportive and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for help. I hope you find what you are looking for here. Good for you for starting to break your silence.

Be well and go gently on yourself.

~Sarah~ :hug:

Welcome to AS ..:hug: :hug:

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE WARM WELCOME!! I needed this so much. I have been on for hours and didn't even notice because I was actually finding relief and was able to find things that I could relate to. That is an incredible gift.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Thank you again.

Gabreal

Glad you have found it helpful already .. :hug:

Welcome to AS, I can relate to being on for hours and finding so much comfort from reading what others say that I understand. I don't share much yet, just try to add support. Glad you are here. :clap::youcanheal:

Hi Gabreal,

Glad you are here. I know what you mean about the debilitating aspects of remembering and healing.

"Doing this scares me to death, too, but I have to try. Everyone keeps saying I lived through the worst of it, but they don't understand how this feels."

I understand. I'm sure that you will find a lot of members here who also can understand and relate.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

It was lovely talking to you tonight MarthaGabrealRachelRay. I am glad you found us and are making your way around the board.

Don't forget to scrinjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Much love,

justcallmeberthaormetilda

Welcome to AS Gabreal!

I know how you feel sweetie! I am still to nervous to go to a therapist and this is the only place I feel comfortable talking! So I hope you find the compassion and support that I have here!

:hug: