Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm New

Ash.....

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm a survivor (or so they say ... am I surviving? But that's a quesion for another post).

Anyway, I'm allowing myself to talk about things here that I just can't find a place for outside my therapist's office.

ashamed

Welcome to AS, and the first thing I would like to say is please don't feel ashamed .. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi, Ihavemadeit, and thanks for your kind words. I need this name and this voice for now to "speak" what I can not. Maybe someday I won't but for now, I do and very badly because I feel so very bad and unworthy and like an ant maybe. Not a person.

dodo, Thank you for welcoming me.

ashamed

:hug: :hug:
I need this name and this voice for now to "speak" what I can not
A lot of people find that and many do change their username after a while, I hope you can grow and change from that ant ... I suspect the person will be worth waiting for/knowing .. Just edited to add, and at all times the pace is up to you ... :hug: :hug: Edited by Ihavemadeit

welcome to AS

((((((((ashamed))))))))

Hi Ash,

I related to what you said about needing the name and voice. I struggle so much with shame and often I know that it makes no sense, but it has defined me for so long that I don't know who I am without it.

I am new as well, and I am really glad that you are here. Thanks for being so brave.

Gabreal

See, that Ant has already moved ... :hug: :hug: :hug: Welcome ASH ... :hug:

Hi, teazle, thanks for your welcome!

Hi, Gabreal, I understand what you mean about shame. It's been part of me for so long I hardly know anything else.

Hi, Ihavemadeit, yes, I'm starting to work through it. I still need that voice and maybe will go back to that name ('ashamed') or maybe pick a new one. I'm undecided right now but Ash seems ok.

Thanks, loobyloo, it's hard and a little overwhelming here. There are so many forums!

Hello again, Katia! How nice of you to welcome me!

I'm trying to get comfortable but it's hard.

Ash

Welcome to AS ash! Whenever youa re ready, we are here! Do not ever think you are unworthy, you are the survivor, the strong one!I understand what you mean, its hard not to feel that way, but when I am on here with these wonderful people, I dont feel ashamed or lonely! I hope you find the compassion and support I have here!

:hug::hi: