Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

New Here

I've been dealing with a number of things lately. I'm a "survivor" of both sexual assault and abuse. I'm just starting to recognize the abuse though. I don't know quite what to say. I've dealt with the assault, but not with the abuse. It seems more personal, if that's possible.

So hi. I hope I can deal with this.

Bluest Jewel

Hello Bluest Jewel. Welcome to AS. Sorry to hear you've gone through this and I hope you find what you are looking for here, amongst a friendly and supportive forum where people can relate to a lot of your feelings.

You take care. :bighug:

Atlantis

Hello Bluest Jewel. Welcome to AS. Sorry to hear you've gone through this and I hope you find what you are looking for here, amongst a friendly and supportive forum where people can relate to a lot of your feelings.

You take care. :bighug:

Atlantis

I haven't really accepted that it happened yet. It's all very confusing still. I'm not sure how I feel.

Hi Bluest Jewel,

I understand what you mean about the abuse seeming more personal. For me it is too.

I love your name. It is so beautiful.

I'm glad that you are here and are working on healing. This is a great place to do that kind of work.

Take care.

Kate

Hey Bluest Jewel.

I just joined yesterday, and I can empathize to some extent with what you have said. Sexual abuse is so very personal, as opposed to physical abuse..In my mind, because I think it holds a bigger impact because our sexual selves are so connected with our emotions. Its easy to cover a bruise with some foundation, but even harder to manage the adverse psychological effects of sexual abuse. At least, that has been my experience.

-M