Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Redkite

Hi,

I'm a 33 year old married mother of 2.

I've had anxiety/panic disorder since the age of 20 and more recently depression.

I've never really dealt with my 'past'. It's something i've somehow managed to push to the back of my mind until a few years ago when a memory resurfaced while i was driving. Triggered by a song on the radio i think.

I've never seen my G.P (i don't know who else i can go to with this)or sought any kind of counselling. I'd like to. I found group therapy really helpful with the anxiety. Unfortunately i've yet to be brave enough. Nobody knows about what happened to me as a child except my husband whom i told about a year ago. That was it though, i told him and it has never been spoken about since.

Something i don't get..... i feel like a liar. why is that?

Anyway, this site seems great so far. I'm glad i found it :)

Hi and welcome. I'm new here too - been around about 1 week or less. I like it here so far :P

As far as the "feeling like a liar" I think most abuse survivors feel like that. It's hard to trust your memories sometimes. If you are like me, and dissociate during some of it, it's hard to feel "real" about your past. I don't have any answers - just letting you know I can relate.

Hi,

Glad you are here. I think that a gp can give referrals for therapy, if you should want to bring it up. I know others who have done that.

I can understand about the memory coming up by the song. It was a trigger to remembering. I know that we start remembering when we are able to heal from them. Good for you.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Hi there

I too at times feel like a liar. I tried hard to forget what had happened to the point where I did not believe myself. Also my family/friends response made me feel like a liar as well. I also do not have clear memories and at times feel like I am missing sections of my life. It is hard to deal with. Sorry, I have gone on about myself here, but wanted to let you know you are not alone in feeling like this.

I am glad you found After Silence.

Welcome

Whitedove

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :wub:

No need to appologise white dove. I find the fact that you and others understand the 'liar feeling' comforting. I've been here less than 24 hours and already one aspect is less confusing.

thanx :hug:

Edited by Redkite

Hello Redkite. Your feelings are totally understandable due to the trauma you have suffered and sadly people in society do not seem to be able to cope with this type of crime, and so their way of dealing with this is denial. They just can't seem to be able to cope with it, but you have found the right forum and are amongst people that do understand your feelings.

Please take care. You're not alone. :bighug:

Atlantis