Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing Myself

Enola

Hi,

I'm new here. I'm not sure exactly how this board works - it's set up a little different than some I've posted on. But I think I'll like it.

My name is Enola. I prefer to stay anonymous here for a little while anyway :) I am 31 years old. On the outside I have it all together - consummate professional, eloquent speaker, mom to one darling daughter, married, happy and totally in control. On the inside, I am a panicky, messed up, crazy person, trying with all her might to hold it together.

I'm in counseling (again) and it's tough. But I'm trying.....

Looking forward to getting to know some of you here.

It's great to have you with us, Enola. I think a lot of people will be able to relate to feeling as though they have it all together on the outside, but are hiding pain on the inside. I hope you will find friendship and support here :)

Welcome!

Meg

Enola,

I totally understand the glue on the outside and the butter on the inside. (holding it together verses slipping all over the place) I am new here and a little afraid to post but reading other people's welcomes already helps me feel not so alone in trying to keep it together.

I am glad that you have a counselor that you are willing to try with.

Iammy