Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All

My name is Joe and I am a survivor of sexual abuse. I kind of feel awkard at the moment simply because I am a new. I don't recall how I found the website but I saw a video on the internet tonight that really just made me want to do more then just go to my group (SOAR). SOAR stands for Survivors of Abuse in Recovery, at least to the place I go. I've been going for I believe almost 3 years and it has helped me move to certain points in my life. I feel now that it is my turn to somehow do something to help stop the abuse whatever kind it may be. Many times I have heard stories that have just made me wish I was not a man. How people can just joke about it like it is nothing. I hate how people say I understand when they have no idea what its like, but people don't listen and don't care enough to try and imagine what it is like. Tonight my thoughts, love, and prayers go out to all the survivors that have made it. We are all strong to have come this far and I am proud of everyone that has been able to speak when you feel like you can't say a word, as well as, those who have still not come forth. Everyone has your back 100% even though we might not know each other personally. Stay Strong Everybody bc we will all get through this.

Joe

"Break the Silence, in this case it is NOT golden!"

Thank you all for the welcome and I'm glad to be here. I like that I am not the only male on the boards that is on the journey to recovery. Again thanks for the warm welcomes.

Joe

"Break the silence, this time it's NOT golden"

Welcome Joe to AS. You come across as such a lovely soul, so caring for other people when you've been through a lot yourself. I'm glad you've found AS, I'm sure you'll be a very valued member here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Hugs to you.

Atlantis

Edited by Atlantis

Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard. My name is China and I'm glad your here. This site has been a treasure for me and I'm SURE it will be the same for you. I can't help but say this to you. Take good care of yourself and if being here gets overwelming for you at times like it does for some of us, take heart. We will be right here when your ready to come back.

Again Welcome!!!

Hi Joe, and welcome to After Silence. It's great to have you here :)

Meg

Hi Joe :hug:

You say that some days you wish you were not a man... Well, it is the existence of men like you - men who seem to care a very, very great deal about others - that made that I have not lost faith in the male population. It is not your fault that those who commit crimes are complete idiots.

Edited by selene

Hi Joe

I look forward to getting to know you. I hope you can find that this is a helpful and useful place for you. I certainly know that there are other members that have associations with SOAR :)

take care of yourself

teazle