Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Think I'm Ready Now

Hi,

I joined several weeks ago, but only now feel I'm ready to introduce myself.

I have never been able to tell my story to anyone outside my very small circle. But feel it's time to start getting ready.

I was raped 24 years ago, and suffered from traumatic amnesia for 23 years. This past year the memory came roaring back, and I am struggle with what happened, why I reacted the way I did, how I could have lost myself so completly for 23 years, and how I find myself again, now that the truth is screaming at me every minute of every day.

It is my hope that this place helps me find the courage to step into the next phase of my healing.

Reenie

I can only imagine how it must feel to have these kind of memories come at you full force after so long without any. :console:

Know that your feelings and emotions about what happened to you is shared by many......you're not alone.

Keep posting and welcome to AS. :hug:

Guest dreaminofangels

Welcome Reenie,

Thank you for coming to AS. You will find more love, wisdom, and support here than you may be able to imagine. The memories are hard to work through, but you will not be alone. Be gentle with yourself, and take the time needed to work within your comfort zone. It's well worth it.

Please know that you may PM any of us here, if you ever need anything. We understand, and we care.

dreamin

Hello Reenie,

Welcome to AS. I hope you find what you are looking for here. They are a very friendly supportive group of people that understand your feelings.

Wishing you well. Take care.

Atlantis

Hi Reenie,

I am glad that you found this place. I am new here and tried to post about a week ago (I think) and forgot that I found AS. Thank goodness for notes I leave for myself.

I am going through the same thing. I just can't figure out my ages. I too have the events screaming at me. I can't see them as truth yet though.

I ask myself how could I forget some of those things when I remember other details so vividly.

I hope that you find the strength/encouragement/support you need to take your next steps to healing.

Iammy