Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment to say hi to everyone! I am new to the group. I am very excited to have found this place seems like a really nice bunch of people here. It's just nice to know there are others out there who might just understand what I am going through because I have found lately that the people in my everyday life just don't understand the long term effects that sexual abuse has on you. I look forward to meeting you all. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!!!

Sadeyes

Hello Sadeyes,

Welcome to AS. Sorry you've needed to find a forum like this but I'm glad you've found a group of people that understand what you are going through. You are right when you say the people you bump into in every day life don't understand unless they have gone through something like this themselves. I luckily didn't go through childhood abuse and had a loving family; for me it was a rape that brought me here, but all these crimes have devastating effects on innocent people's lives.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. Its helped me a lot. I wish you well and thank you for wishing us all a wonderful day. I'd like to return that wish to you, and its certainly helped me go off with a smile on my face. Thanks very much for that.

Atlantis

Hi,

Welcome to AS. I'm glad that you are here.

I can relate to the thing you mentioned about other people not understanding. They also don't have a lot of preseverance in coping either. I know that they can get better at that though. It is great to have other survivors out there to have as friends and support as they really know, because they have gone through so many similar issues and healing struggles.

Take care.

Kate

Hello Sadeyes,

Welcome to AS. Sorry you've needed to find a forum like this but I'm glad you've found a group of people that understand what you are going through. You are right when you say the people you bump into in every day life don't understand unless they have gone through something like this themselves. I luckily didn't go through childhood abuse and had a loving family; for me it was a rape that brought me here, but all these crimes have devastating effects on innocent people's lives.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. Its helped me a lot. I wish you well and thank you for wishing us all a wonderful day. I'd like to return that wish to you, and its certainly helped me go off with a smile on my face. Thanks very much for that.

Atlantis

HI Everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for such a warm welcome. It is the first time I have felt comfortable in a place in a long time. I am kind of confused on how the replys work here. When I reply to each message does it go on the board or to everyone individually? If someone can help me on this I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. Have a great day!!!

Greetings and welcome to After Silence my dear!

I’m glad you found us.. I think you will find that this is a very friendly and supportive place to be. I hope you find it incredibly helpful as I have. :)

I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you a little better.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk. I’m always here to listen.

Take care and best wishes for 2007 hun :hug:

Much love from Leah XxX

Welcome to AS. :)

I am kind of confused on how the replys work here. When I reply to each message does it go on the board or to everyone individually? If someone can help me on this I would appreciate it.

When you reply to a message, it goes on the board. To send a message to someone individually, you would have to do it in a PM. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :hug:

Welcome to AS. :)

When you reply to a message, it goes on the board. To send a message to someone individually, you would have to do it in a PM. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :hug:

Thank you very much for the info. it was very helpful =).... I haven't really posted anything cause I wasn't sure how it all worked. thanks again. hope you are having a great day!

Sadeyes