Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing Myself...

natalia

Hi there,

My name is Natalia (as you can probably tell from my imaginative nick choice!) and I am from Australia. I have joined as I am not coping as well as I would like. I was abused as a child, drugged and raped at age 18 by two anonymous guys, but a recent rape (in June 2006) by a "friend" has been the hardest to cope with. I often think if I didn't know this guy it would be easier to deal with.

I am hoping I might be able to find some support, and who knows - perhaps in time some answers to the odd ways I feel at times.

Thanks for reading thus far,

Natalia

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

I am finding that even though I have dealt with a lot of the issues that arose from the recent rape, I feel like I have regressed and am struggling almost as much as the weeks after it happened. I just want to be "better" and stop wallowing in this!

Hye Natalia, I am so sorry for all the awful things that happened to you, but I am really glad you found AS. I know you will find the support and understanding you need and deserve.

xxx sonnet xxx

Edited by sonnet
Hi there,

My name is Natalia (as you can probably tell from my imaginative nick choice!) and I am from Australia. I have joined as I am not coping as well as I would like. I was abused as a child, drugged and raped at age 18 by two anonymous guys, but a recent rape (in June 2006) by a "friend" has been the hardest to cope with. I often think if I didn't know this guy it would be easier to deal with.

I am hoping I might be able to find some support, and who knows - perhaps in time some answers to the odd ways I feel at times.

Thanks for reading thus far,

Natalia

Hi

Hi Natalia,

I am sorry for all that you have gone through. I too was raped by someone I knew and that made it hard to bear. I trusted him and he betrayed that trust. It was years ago...but it seems like yesterday sometimes. It does get better. Hang in there! This site is a good support group and has a lot of information to offer. I don't feel so alone with it all anymore. Sometimes I just read on here. I see that I am not alone and it helps. Take care.

Dream

Thanks Dream,

I find the trust issue is a huge factor in this. On one hand I feel uneasy about trusting people, on the other I feel like: why should this guy change the trusting, open way I am...and I tend to vascilate (sp?) between the two extremes. I was not hurt physically at all, but the trust issue is just gut wrenching. This most recent incident happened in my home too, outside my kids' rooms, so I felt like he totally manipulated me into a situation where I wouldn't do anything for fear of waking them.

Arghh, it just goes round and round in my head and makes me crazy! If I don't talk or think about it, I am okay, but once it comes to the front of my mind (and I *know* I need to deal with it) I am a complete mess again.

My husband is worried about me as I seem to have gone backwards in recovering. He wants his old wife back, and crazy as it sounds, I sometimes don't want to feel close to him in case he violates my trust too.

Man, this has opened a can of worms. Off to think (and to make a lime, macadamia, and coconut cake for a dinner tonight :dry: )

Chat soon,

Natalia

Hi Natalia,

I can understand about the regression stuff, as that can happen. Perhaps it means that the old stuff needs to be addressed some more as well.

I do understand about the knowing a raper being harder. It is. It hurts your level of trust much more as well and can contribute to the level of the ptsd that you must deal with

Gentle and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Edited by Katia60

Greetings and welcome to After Silence my dear!

I’m glad you found us.. I think you will find that this is a very friendly and supportive place to be. I hope you find it incredibly helpful as I have. :)

I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you a little better.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk. I’m always here to listen.

Take care and best wishes for 2007 hun :hug:

Much love from Leah XxX

P.s I'm from Australia also. woot! lol.