Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Saying Hi

Lauren-xo

hi, my name is Lauren and im 14. my mum found this place for me because im struggleing with this a bit. i have been abused by a family member for a long time but i have a councelor now to help me talk but i find it difficult to talk. not sure what i can or cant say because ive never done anything like this before, dont want to do the wrong thing.

love,

Lauren

Hello Lauren, and welcome to After Silence :hug:

I'm sorry to hear that you've been through something so hard, but I'm glad that you've joined us. There are lots of great people here, and I hope that you will find support and some good friends.

Best wishes,

Meg x

hi, my name is Lauren and im 14. my mum found this place for me because im struggleing with this a bit. i have been abused by a family member for a long time but i have a councelor now to help me talk but i find it difficult to talk. not sure what i can or cant say because ive never done anything like this before, dont want to do the wrong thing.

love,

Lauren

Hi Lauren. I am new to After Silence, but thought I'd try to answer your question. I also had a very hard time talking to my counselor when I first started seeing her (and I am an adult), so there is no shame in that. What worked for me though, was writing down my feelings and pretty much just writing down anything that came to my mind. During our sessions I would read to her what I wrote during the week. After awhile I became comfortable with her and could talk freely. Also, she would give me ideas on what to write about... like homework. Writing really helped me. I wish you the best. I am glad you are seeing someone at such a young age. I didn't see anyone until I was already an adult (although the sexual abuse began at age 9 for me). There is nothing you could do or say that is "wrong". Just be honest. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Best of luck to you Lauren.

Amy

Hi, my name is jennie, hope to see you around!!!

:hug:

Hey Lauren

Welcome to AS I know its hard to talk to someone in person I have that same fear but

comming to this sight I know will be helpful. We are all one in the same person for what we

have all been through. I hope you find strenght here.

My name is Wendy and we can talk anytime you need.

sending many hugs

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi lauren.

Welcome to After Silence.

Take your time here hun, there is never any pressure to post anything you are not yet comfortable with. Its ok for you to take as long as you need too. When you are able to post, please know that we will all be here listening to you, supporting you, and understanding you.

You are not alone hun, sadly, to many children are hurt in this awful way. It is a tragidy that so many lives are affected by this.

I am so glad your mum found this site for you. This really is a wonderful place. You would be surprised at the age ranges here. Member ages range from teenagers to pensioners!

So your definatly not the only teen here.

I hope to get to know ya better in chat soon,

until then take very good care of yourself.

You have been very couragous by coming here.

take good care of you,

Jacqui xxx

it was real wonderful getting to know u in chat. i am here for you any time u need to talk. you are a strong young woman. i too am proud of you for being able to not only tell, but to have the strength to testify. also i am proud of for going to a counselor at such i young age. i was 25 before i went to one. pm me any time :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Greetings and welcome to After Silence my dear.

I’m glad you found us :) I think you will find that this is a very friendly and supportive place to be. I'm also a younger member here and have found After Silence incredibly helpful. I hope you get as much out of it as i have.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you a little better Lauren.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk. I’m always here to listen :hug:

Take care and best wishes for the new year hun

Much love from Leah XxX

Hi Lauren, Welcome! :hug:

It's so brave of you to have told someone what happened, and to get help. Braver than me... it started when I was 8 too, and that was 30 years ago, and I'm only just starting to talk about it. I can't tell you how much I admire you!

Don't worry about what to post, everyone understands. Take your time. I hope I'll get to know you a lot better.

Love, Amelia :hug:

Hi there lauren,

I was abused as a child as well. My abuse started when I was 10 and lasted a long time. There are many people on this forum that have experienced childhood sexual abuse and I am so glad you have found After Silence and are seeking help for this. It is difficult to talk about. I am glad you are seeing a therapist. I would also like to congratulate your mother on helping you find AS as well and supporting you.

whitedove