Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey, I'm New.

void.

Hey, so I'm new. Obviously. And I'm absolutely hopeless at introductions! I'm Hanna, I'm 16, things aren't great at the moment (again, pretty obvious) but this seems like a really great place. I don't cope too well with things, I've recently started self harming again, but there's a lot more to me than that! I love horse riding, I'm currently doing my Highers and I really want to be a psychologist.

To be honest, I'm not sure I should even be here. I seem to be a lot younger than most of you, and, although I would never say it to anyone else, what I've been through seems pretty insignificant and the way I've reacted seems like a massive over-reaction. It was also really very recent (the second time was less than a week ago) so I'm not sure if it would just help more to not focus on it and get on with things. But well, I'm here, because after trying to talk to a friend who basically told me I was asking for it and I have no right to be upset (it's ok, she was right), I just needed somewhere where someone might understand. I hope that's ok.

Hi Hanna, glad you found this place, I am pretty new here to but the girls her are all great. I think you will really like it. And as far as your age goes not a big deal, its just means that you were braver than alot of us in the fact that you are choosing to address what happened to you now rather than wait. I think thats great, and know reaction is over the top, no matter now small whatever happened to you is cause it shouldnt have happened in the first place. No one has the right to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable. So welcome this is a really great place!!!! :hug:

Hi Hanna :wave:

Welcome. You will find that this is a very supportive place, filled with some incredible people. Make yourself at home!

:hug: Hanna :hug:

I'm glad you've found this haven. It is so full of supportive people. I know you will find friends here who have been through the same things as you.

I'm listening when you feel safe enough to post. :console:

it doesn't matter how old you are honey...we are all in this together.

:butterfly:

Edited by against the current

Welcome to after silence sweetie :hug: I also felt that I perhaps I shouldn’t be here when I first found After Silence, but there are a lot of young members around the board and everyone here is wonderful. I’m sorry to hear that things haven’t been going well for you, but I hope you find as much support and help here as I have. If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me anytime.

Much Love & Best Wishes From Leah XxX

WELCOME!!!!

I thing you will be surprised that the age ranges of those who come to AS varies significantly!!! Some here are as young as you or younger and some are grandmas and then some. All of us have been through an experience that has bound us together as survivors and has brought us here. Some were "hurt" as very young children and others as adults and some both. Because of the actions of others we have been brought here to find comfort and understanding by those in the know. Those that have been there and can understand the pain and such that we live with everyday...

Reaching out is the first step in healing. So, coming here is a good first step. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you deserved what happened to you! :hammer: No one can know what you have been through and neither can they tell you that you should have reacted differently or to just forget about it.

If you didn't feel what happened to you was wrong you wouldn't have searched for and found this place.

Take care... :hug::hug:

Hey, so I'm new. Obviously. And I'm absolutely hopeless at introductions! I'm Hanna, I'm 16, things aren't great at the moment (again, pretty obvious) but this seems like a really great place. I don't cope too well with things, I've recently started self harming again, but there's a lot more to me than that! I love horse riding, I'm currently doing my Highers and I really want to be a psychologist.

To be honest, I'm not sure I should even be here. I seem to be a lot younger than most of you, and, although I would never say it to anyone else, what I've been through seems pretty insignificant and the way I've reacted seems like a massive over-reaction. It was also really very recent (the second time was less than a week ago) so I'm not sure if it would just help more to not focus on it and get on with things. But well, I'm here, because after trying to talk to a friend who basically told me I was asking for it and I have no right to be upset (it's ok, she was right), I just needed somewhere where someone might understand. I hope that's ok.

i am only 15.

and i just came here also.

everyone is very sweet and understanding.

im sure that you do have a right to be upset and your friend just does not understand.