Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Im A Surviver Thru Jesus

Hey everyone my name is desiree, im from a small town in texas.

i was raped as a small child at the age of 7. By my step father.

i never ever told anyone. i was ashamed.

on my 18 th birthday. i finally got the guts to move out of my house.

then i meet my real family and my real father. it was then that i saw that what he did was wrong and what i was hiding at the back of my mind was not a story it was real. it really happen to me.

he took my virginity and my inocence.

it was then i turned to praying and i turned to god. in july this year i walked up to that police station, to the rape detective and told him everything. i felt like a big weight came off my shoulder. the 3 months following that. i started seeing a counselor, i stoped eating and starting getting angry and depressed. i was mad at the world. all i wanted was a normal life. i know now i am unique. i struggled it took me 3 months to get back on my feet it was then that i stood up and said no more devil u cant bring me down no more. the da recently picked up my case. when that day comes when i have to stand before my accuser, my family, the jury. im gonna be that voice for every young child who cant speek for themself who were like me too scared. well i got something to say god works miracles. and if u believe in him. he will carry u through this. and the truth will come out.. the truth will set u free. theres nothing to be ashamed about rape is a terrible subject. but by talking we are preventing other rapes from happening. i wanna give back. i volunteered at the rape crisis center. i see it as a testimony. my testimony about how a young girl, can stand strong through whatever task is thrown her way. i can do all things through christ who strenghtens me.

this is my story.

and im proud to say my name is desiree. and im a survivor.

I am so glad that you are doing so great! God works miracles, huh? I am very glad that you are standing up, hopefully someone will hear your story and it will prevent them from abusing someone. Welcome to AS and I think that you will find this to be a comforting place. Everyone here is really supportive. :hug:

WOWWWWWW desiree!! good for you! I'm new here too, by the way.

You are such an INSPIRATION! you fill every meaning of that word, really. I hope that I can be just as strong as you someday. I pray all the time too, and i know God is strengthening me, its just that I have to believe that I am as strong as God knows I am. I hope you are able to touch many young lives, as I'm sure you will!

Good luck and God bless!

Ashley

Wow, your story shows such strength and courage. I understand your desire to serve and to want to fight for those that do not have a voice. Continue to seek God's will and to find healing in your life.

Yet those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength, they will mount up with wings as Eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 (my favorite)