Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Newbie

cmbolton

Hi, I just joined tonight. I found this side through the Joyful Heart Foundation and hope this will help me open up a little more about the abuse. I was sexually abused by a senior in my high school when I was 14 years old. He abused me for a year. I used to try and hide my pain by drinking and partying which only led to me making stupid decisions. I never told anyone about what happened. Finally four years later, I was put on meds for PTSD and am talking to a counsuler. I still haven't told my parents though. I just am still really scared that something will happen again. I know this is a survivor site, so I don't know if I am in the right place, but my counsuler said I need to get my story out and I thought that I could tell other people that would understand.

--- Carlene

Glad to see that another found this site through JHF!! Great site isn't it?? I am finding this one great also. There are lovely ladies here that are totally willing to support, encourage and listen. Sorry to hear about what happened to you, you're definitly in the right place. Need amything PM me anythime.

XO

Angela :hug:

:bighug::bighug: Welcome to AS I think most of us would agree in saying we are glad you are here and yes mam this is the right place to work towards healing. :bighug: :bighug: Edited by Nobodys_Angel_Anymore

Thank you for all your support. It is good to know there are other people that can listen when I need it. I guess I never felt that before because my parents don't know. You guys are great.

Thanks again.

Carlene :)