Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sammie

Hi

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm not sure what to say. :unsure:

I was raped by a family member for years. I thought that I was okay now, but with a new boyfriend I'm realizing that I am not. I don't know what to do or how to handle this. I love him, I really do, but memories of the abuse are turning me into a complete mess. That's all I can say right now;I'm at a loss for words.

:hug: Sammie :hug:

Let me start off by saying welcome to After Silence. We are so glad you found us! I think you will find this group very supportive and safe.

I am so sorry for what you have been through. I can relate to what you said about thinking things are fine and then getting into a relationship and finding out otherwise... that it's hard to deal with past abuse memories. Please know that you are not alone here. If there is anything I can do or if you just need to talk and vent things out please feel free to contact me.

:inn: Please take precious care of yourself :inn:

:throb: Tracy

sammie :hug:

welcome! i hope you find what you are looking for :wub:

emmax

Hi welcome,im sorry u need 2 b here-i hope u find wot u need here.....

Ppl here r great!!!!!

Hope 2 c more of u as u get more comfortable here.....

take care & keep safe.....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox

Hi Sammie

I'm glad you've found us here....this is a very supportive place to be for healing

Hope you decide to hang around and let it help you a little

~Janene

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((safe hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sammie,

sorry that you have to be here, but glad you found us! this is a great place to find support, love, strength, and healing. remember to take gentle care of yourself!

love,

erin

Welcome Sammie!

I can relate to how you're feeling. I used to think I was ok with everything that happened to me but then I realized a lot of my belief structure and behavior had been seriously altered as a result of my experiences. It's been getting worse before getting better but I hope I'm on the right track. :)

I definitely know that talking about your experiences and how you feel about those experiences is a huge step in the process of healing. I hope this place helps you out and just know that there are many people here (including myself) that are willing to offer help if you need it.

<3!

(((sammie))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for the pain that you have endured. This is an amazing place to be while on your healing journey :hug:

Sammie

:hug:

I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am sorry you have a reason for being here but we are glad you have found us. Posting and becoming a member is a huge and brave step in the right direction. We are all here to support you. Welcome to the family.

:throb::throb::throb:

Jennifer