Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

:unsure:

Hey I'm new here...I was referred here by Saz.

My main concern about me being here...is why do I need to be here? It's been 7 months. It seems like so long ago, yet it bothers me everyday.

It wasn't a violent act where he physical force. He more coerced me into doing it. But I did it, so does it count? I'm so confused. He didn't rape me. He almost did. I hope I can find support here...because some of my friends have kind of abandoned me or thought I was weird/sl*t.

Hmmm this took me 45 minutes to write...I'm pretty out of it...just got back from therapy and it was pretty hard. :(

I just want to welcome you to After Silence.... you do belong here if he assualted you sweetie.... I am sorry you are so confused right now....Its been 5 years and I am still confused so I know the feeling.... :hug:

Welcome to you...and I am glad you are here...It doesn't matter that it has been 7 days, or 7 weeks, 7 months, or 7 years, this is the place to talk about and recieve some help in healing along the way... If I could, I would like to suggest some ideas....to help in your confusion, as I have been there tooo....I have found doing therapy...most of the times there are "rape crisis centers' And even though you may not feel like it is serious enough...the counselors are there to help answer questions, educate, etc...Also, I found that hotlines where helpful so I could be anaonymous and ask questions...You are in the right place, and welcome

Welcome and I am glad you are here :hug:

Hi and Welcome to A.S,

"My main concern about me being here...is why do I need to be here? It's been 7 months. It seems like so long ago, yet it bothers me everyday."

I guess if something within you suggests that you may need to be here, to experience some empathy and support for a while then its probably right to trust those feelings..

"It wasn't a violent act where he physical force. He more coerced me into doing it. But I did it, so does it count? I'm so confused. He didn't rape me. He almost did. I hope I can find support here...because some of my friends have kind of abandoned me or thought I was weird/sl*t."

I guess if what happened feels wrong to you, has left you feeling the way you do, then it very probably was :o( Being judged by your friends can mean so many esteem and self doubt issues, important then that you find some balance versus this and I feel that this is what this site offers most - empathy, understanding and belief - noone will doubt you here..

"Hmmm this took me 45 minutes to write...I'm pretty out of it...just got back from therapy and it was pretty hard. :("

And this speaks volumes about where you are right now doesn't it :o(...Try to take the time to understand what takes place here, try to be kind to you and your feelings right now (because you so deserve that kindness)

You are very welcome here and look forward to hearing from you more in the future. Here if you ever need a chat..

Brian

Welcome to AS :hi:

I understand what you are saying. I had a similar situation. I don't know the details but it is clear to me that you felt violated. So, yes, I think this place will offer you the support and understanding that you may need at the moment.

Make yourself at home!

:hug::hug:

Hi

I think its really difficult in your kind of situation and is hard. I have been in a kind of similar situation before myself. In my situation I was kind of consenting, but not really. i struggled with loads of feelings when it happened. Still working them through.

I hope you find a way through it. My first post on here was questioning whether I belonged here or not - but I guess if we're finding ourselves drawn to this kind of site we must know deep down that we do belong here. I don't know just my thoughts!

I'm quite new here, but if I am a fully fledged member then I say welcome to you too!!!

Star