Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi,

First of all thank you so much for this site and for this message board. My name is Laura and I'm 18 years old. I like to say that I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, but here of late I've realized I'm not sure how much of a true survivor I am anymore. Your stories are all so inspiring and full of strength that I'm not certain I have. My father molested me until about the age of 4, when I some how found the courage to tell a daycare teacher. The abuse was so long ago and so short lived that it seems small in comparison to that of others. For so long afterwards I just wanted to be a normal kid...I didn't want to talk about it and I convinced myself that I had put it behind me. But now I think I may have only been in denial about the pain and anger for all these years. I'm beginning to see the self-destruction in my behavior and to understand that, while my conscience has tried to push it away, the abuse and everything with it has really remained a part of me.

Sorry for my rambling on. But I thank you so much for this board. Even though I told, he was never punished, the case was sealed, and as I've begun to realize all these things it once again has felt like a big, dirty secret.

I admire all of you here and truly can't express how thankful I am to have found this site.

With Lots of Love and Caring,

-Laura

:hug: Hi, Welcome to AS!!

I just recently joined and was too so thankful to have found such a supporting group!

I hope you can find it a place where you can feel protected and allow yourself to begin to heal.

We are all in it together! take care :)

Sarah

hey hun and welcome along..

Hope you are able to heal here, its a fantastic board... and it doesnt matter what happend, when or by who.. we are all here to hear and understand each others pain and happiness.. so dont ever feel like your story is insignificant!!

Denial only lasts so long. Addressing the past can be extremely difficult. Everyone's story is different, no matter the degree or time-span of the abuse it has an impact on the rest of your life. You were so young. This site is very supportive. I hope you find peace and can begin to heal.

Welcome to AS

Hi Laura,

Check you out!!! Even at 4 you were strong and brave.

I also am new to the site and am so thankful for everyone being here to support us.

Please know that one act of abuse is too much and that one act matters tremendously.

You matter.

You'll get the support that you need here. I know because am getting stronger by the posts. Welcome aboard honey.

Edited by 1(laya)heart
  • 2 weeks later...