Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

klassy

I don't really talk about this, so this is pretty hard for me. I'm 36 years old and have pretty well dealt with everything but sometimes just want to talk to someone. I was molested when I was about 8 years old by a neighbor, a female teenager. Started slowly then escalated over a couple of years. I've always known what happened and have firm memories of the time but never told anyone. And to this day I never plan on telling anyone in my family - I don't want them to feel any guilt.

The older I get the more I realize that there are some issues that I haven't worked out and I think (hope) talking about it here may help with some of that.

sorry you went through that. i'm new here too. i have issuses with my assalts, i can't even talk about them to anyone. i mean my some of my friends know what happened, and my husband actually knows too. although i wish he didn't cause i feel now, we're changed and its ruining our marriage. well, i'm ruining our marriage. i'm afraid of him and all he wants to do is help. but i only know how to push him away. i don't think this helps you any but if you need to talk i can try to help even though i don't know how to help myself, maybe helping someone else will help me. and i know a lot of others here will try and help you too. have you ever tried counseling?

Hi and welcome to the group,

"I don't really talk about this, so this is pretty hard for me. "

And in this you are a reflection of how it may be for many other survivors too :o(

"I'm 36 years old and have pretty well dealt with everything but sometimes just want to talk to someone."

I'm glad you have found this place and hope that you find the support that you are looking for here. I think you will.

"I was molested when I was about 8 years old by a neighbor, a female teenager. Started slowly then escalated over a couple of years. I've always known what happened and have firm memories of the time but never told anyone. And to this day I never plan on telling anyone in my family - I don't want them to feel any guilt."

I felt terribly sad when reading this, all of these memories, feelings and emotions that you have had to deal with alone:o( I cant begin to imagine how difficult that must have been :o( At the same time you dont get the benefit of the love and acceptance that your family may have to offer you :o(

"The older I get the more I realize that there are some issues that I haven't worked out and I think (hope) talking about it here may help with some of that."

Sometimes the fear of speaking out is overcome by the pain of holding these things in, it feels like you may have arrived at this point.

I hope that this place brings all that hope for.

Best wishes

Brian

Welcome to AS :hi:

This is a very supportive group and I know you will feel understood here.

:hug::hug::hug:

I don't really talk about this, so this is pretty hard for me.

hi sweet :hug: i hope and believe, you will find this a soft place to fall. people here are kind, supportive and very understanding. the surviving of 'stuff' is hard but please know there are good folk who are willing to listen and care whenever you are ready to talk. all the best LSH. :hug:

Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll find the support that I need here. When I'm able I'll share my entire story but not quite ready to yet. As I've said, I've never spoken of it and still have to find the courage to do it. I've never been to a therapist because I don't really trust them. Trust, or lack of, is my biggest issue that I am trying to work out.