Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Holla!

Hello All,

I am new to this site. I am pretty open about serious issues, don't waste much time on BS, and find no room for judgment. HOWEVER, I love to laugh and be silly; which I am sure will be apparent sooner rather than later. I am a survivor of a few sexual assaults and one (more recent) rape. I have had one hell of a year and it doesn't seem to be coming to a close any time soon. :ranting: I am sure many of you can relate.

I look forward to getting to know some of you a little better and definitely look forward to learning from all of you!

:luck: KittyMonkey :luck:

Welcome. I'm sure you'll find the support here you need. Look forward to getting to know you a little better also.

Amy :wave:

:hi::greet: Welcom to As. Here you will find people who are here

to listen to you. And give their thoughts, and words of wisdom.

You are on a healing journey.......

Lots of :bighug: here.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying not to be frustrated, as this is a wonderful site and those who run it are not obligated to me. I have tried to join this site for 10 days now. My first attempt was a different name and email and I was registered but could not reply to anything. When trying to reply, post or PM, the screen will come up but the main text box that you write your message in doesn't appear. So I tried to see if it was the settings on my computer, I tried to send PM's and email, I emailed from my personal email to mods, and I had Haullie post for me.

Then I set up a diff. account ... it registered, as well. It allowed me to post this hello but won't let me post anywhere else. Now I can't reply to this post even. Luckily it lets me do 'fast reply'. I emailed mods about it but haven't heard back. MODS ~ I am sure you are busy and TRULY appreciate all you do... I am not coming down on you, I just am curious what to do or what i am doing wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do? I'm a survivor too, so I should have access to reply to most forums, I think?

Do you all get this message at the top of every page?

"

"Welcome to After Silence, a community designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse and domestic violence. Due to the sensitive nature of these topics, majority of forums are only visible to REGISTERED members. Please remember that you need to be logged-in in order to view the private forums."

Thank you for taking the time to read this someone. I'd love to be able to utilize this site... but find my start here awkward. I don't want to complain about my experience, as I have much respect for this site... but I am starting to get discouraged. Sorry.

KM

Hi KittyMonkey,

please forgive me for the delay. It took me a while to figure out the problem because it happened very rarely in the past. In fact it happened only once to my recollection. (I think it happened only to Lina, if I remember correctly).

I don't why, but the problem is with the skin you are using. Apparently the only skins that would work with your account are: Not Alone, Friend to run to, and IPB 2.1 Default import (which is the ugly one btw).

You can fix the problem by choosing one of these 3 skins.

Again, I'm really sorry for the inconvinience. I hope you'll stay and find support here.

P.S. I also sent you an email about it, hoping to reach you either there or here.

I'm really glad it's all fixed! :hi:

(I do wish I knew why it happens.... but for the life of me I can't figure it out. :g.up: )

It's definitely me... I have this unbelievable weirdness going on around me right now. It's all good!!!

Ironically, I picked the boring one. The orange one and the pink one... :hmm: ............ :protest: , No :thanks::ohmy: (can you believe me?)

I like the blue :) and am satisfied! The smileys alone make up for it all!!!

Dodo ~ Thank you for reaching out to help me. :up:

Kitty Monk

Ironically, I picked the boring one. The orange one and the pink one... :hmm: ............ :protest: , No :thanks::ohmy: (can you believe me?)

You know what they say, to each its own!

I dislike the blue/boring one because I couldn't change the banner and resorted to stick that little sad "after Silence" picture up there. Definitely not my best work. :P

But I do like the fact that it's wider than all the other versions. (between you and me, I don't even remember why I made all the other versions smaller :blink: )