Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Quick Introduction

I am the spouse and father of survivors. I had always suspected my wife, of 26 yrs., was abused by her father but it turned out to be her older brother. I have known this for about 6 months now. Last month I learned that our 19 yo. daughter was abused at about 9-10 yo.

Right now I do have words for all the emotions. I have been reading here for about a week and think it is time to introduce myself. I hope to find some understanding, strength, and hope.

Thank you for listening

qb

welcome! I'm so sorry that your family is dealing with this, but it is a breath of fresh air that you love your family enough to care about their healing (suprisngly a lot of familes don't).

I hope you find a lot of support here and any information that could help your family get through this better.

take care. :hug:

Hey qb,

Welcome. I'm a secondary, too -- my fiance is a survivor of childhood rape and abuse. Know how you feel -- the mess of emotions is overpowering. This is a great place to come when you're at a loss. Great people here.

You're a strong and amazing man, supporting your spouse and daughter after learning that. A lot of men aren't there for the survivors in their lives.

Welcome, and good healing

Dan

Hi, I am Donna, I am 46 and a survivor of sexual incest. I am so pc illiterat I had tried to contact you before but I don't know how to get myself around a message board and I apologize for any inconvienence.

There seems to be something about 10 posts on this board.

I created a 1 time email address. Like the name says, good for 1 time, try it.

after1time@hotmail.com

qb

Welcome to AS :hi:

We are glad to have you here and hope that you find the support you need.

Your wife and daughter are blessed to have you in their lives. I think it is incredible caring and loving of you to seek to understand what they have been through. I know it is hard on you as well. I wish I knew how to help with that part of it but honestly, I don't.

I am sure any of us here are more than happy to answer any questions or offer any support or advice whenever you may need it.

Becky