Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All

Hello Everyone.

I just found the site a few days ago. I was putting off posting but there is this need to reach out from time to time that I can't ignore. It's hard to know what to say so I'll just say Hi and I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hi and welcome to the group,

"I just found the site a few days ago. I was putting off posting but there is this need to reach out from time to time that I can't ignore."

I wondered if this need to reach out, a very pressing need, is about being 'heard' and 'accepted'? Your words felt like that to me. If so then you demonstrate your humanity in this, because it is very human to feel this way when we are troubled and may mean that you haven't been fully heard or fully accepted before :o(..

"It's hard to know what to say so I'll just say Hi"

Knowing what to say when we are new somewhere is difficult at times. Guess the trick is to to feel your way into things until you feel comfortable and then when you do feel comfortable to say it as you see it. What I can say is that I am yet to experience or see judgement or none acceptance in this place, in fact on the contary, you will hopefully experience much warmth and empathy here...its a safe place to be, when you need that most!

So hope that you find this here and that the experience brings all that you seek..

Once again welcome to the group its good to have you here..

Brian

Welcome to the group :hi:

Posting can't be difficult at first. Take all the time you need, and know that you are among people who understand what you are going through.

Welcome to AS,

There's no pressure to dive at the deep end, just have a look round, get to know the place, say as much or as little as you want or need to say.

:hi: Hi and welcome to AS. Posting for the first time can be really difficult, I was shaking the first time I did. But I promise you once you get past the first post it gets so much easier and before long you'll have made lots of friends here who can relate to you and truly understand what you're going through.

Glad you found us. :hug::hug:

Welcome to After Silence! Well done for taking the plunge and reaching out. It's great that you've joined us.

Meg x

The warm welcome I have received here means the world to me. I was able to share a piece of my story and it wasn't the easiest thing I ever did. I was afraid to read what people would say but everyone has been kind and considerate. I am beginning to feel safer here. That is not really a feeling I am used to. I hope to post again soon and join chat when possible. Please take care of yourselves and know that you make a difference.