Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm New...

what is there to say about me? this is my life in a nutshell:

parents divorced at 4

both remarried - 6

sexually abused 8-9

raped - 10

mom died - 13

moved to dad & stepmom's house - 13

comitted to mental hospital for ED, major depression, PTSD, GAD, and self injury - 16

became a christian - 16

and now here i am. (i'm almost 17... 1 month away or so.)

life is better but no where near perfect. i just started dealing with the rape & sexual abuse... and everyone wants to act like i'm a completely normal person and yell at me for stupid things.

but i'd like my life to not be defined by my past... so...

i just got a hamster :) his name is peter, after peter illych tschaikowsky and the apostle simon peter. i love music... i play the clarinet and i'm pretty good at it.. i'm 5th chair in the top ensemble at my school (of 4).

that's about it.

thanks

Edited by jen444

welcome to AS hun, sorry you've had a hard time so far i hope you can find some love and acceptance here :) X

Hi and welcome to the group...

"what is there to say about me? this is my life in a nutshell, parents divorced at 4, both remarried - 6,sexually abused 8-9, raped - 10,mom died - 13,moved to dad & stepmom's house - 13, comitted to mental hospital for ED, major depression, PTSD, GAD, and self injury - 16, became a christian - 16. and now here i am. (i'm almost 17... 1 month away or so.)"

No words can do your experience justice can they :o(

"life is better but no where near perfect. i just started dealing with the rape & sexual abuse... and everyone wants to act like i'm a completely normal person and yell at me for stupid things."

How can they possibly fully understand the magnitude of what you have been through :o(

"but i'd like my life to not be defined by my past... so... I just got a hamster :) his name is peter, after peter illych tschaikowsky and the apostle simon peter. i love music... i play the clarinet and i'm pretty good at it.. i'm 5th chair in the top ensemble at my school (of 4). "

And dont you just amaze yourself , all you have been through and you have survived and want to move forward!! if you dont then maybe it will be enough that you amaze me and probably other members of this group too.. hope your are proud of yourself in this!

So hope that this group brings that which you seek...

Brian