Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here

hi everyone. I don't know where to start, so I guess I'll just say how I'm feeling. I was raped when I was 14

( I'm 25 now ) and I have always tried to push the thoughts and feelings away, like if I didn't think about it it would just go away, but it hasn't! I've tried to talk to a few people about it, but I always get the same response, they either don't want to talk about it or just tell me it was in the past and to get over it. the thoughts and feelings have been coming back so much lately, I need to talk to someone. I hope to get to know you girls and hopefully we can help each other. sorry this was so long.

I wrote my story, but it hasn't been posted yet, not sure how long that will take.

sarah

:hi: Welcome to AS!

I've tried to talk to a few people about it, but I always get the same response, they either don't want to talk about it or just tell me it was in the past and to get over it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just get over it? Unfortunately it isn't that easy. You are not alone in what you are feeling. :hug:

thank you for the welcome.

yeah, if it was that easy to get over it don't they think I would have done that already?

I know I'm not alone with this issue, but thanks for helping me to actually feel like I'm not.

peace, love, and healing to you!

:hi: Welcome to AS, Sarah! You will definitely find a lot of support in whatever you are feeling/dealing with, there is lots of good understanding people here!!

:bighug:

thanks. I'm glad there is a place where I can talk openly without feeling like I'm "bothering" someone

by talking about it, and without fear of judgement. I just registered today, but I like this place already,

and already feel some sense of relief just knowing that I CAN talk about it whenever I need to. thanks girls!

wow reading this is like totally reading me. the 1st 3 sentences you said are EXACTLY what i want to do, be numb not feel..bary, ask many people who talked to me 2 or 3 nights ago..i want to just not talk about it again........ever..i've had people tell me its in the past and i mean.........i know that but sigh...

Welcome to AS

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the group!

" I was raped when I was 14"

Devistating and so traumatic for you :o(

"( I'm 25 now ) and I have always tried to push the thoughts and feelings away, like if I didn't think about it it would just go away, but it hasn't!"

It rarely does, it simply sits on the edge of your awareness waiting for you to deal with it (but it will subside as you talk about it and face the fear :o(. You know when your ready when the burden of carrying the pain becomes greater than the fear of talking about it :o(

"I've tried to talk to a few people about it, but I always get the same response, they either don't want to talk about it or just tell me it was in the past and to get over it. "

Wish it could be this easy for them, but how can it be? The standard responses you received above says a lot about society today, the responses are about their discomfort and not about you. Your guaranteed not to receive responses like this here I'm glad to say :o)

"the thoughts and feelings have been coming back so much lately, I need to talk to someone. I hope to get to know you girls and hopefully we can help each other."

I am a male secondary survivor, (my wife is the true survivor), I'm also a U.K therapist , so if your struggling to find someone to talk with, and you need to talk, then please feel free to drop me a line.. (hopefully other people in the forums here will vouch for me if required)..

"sorry this was so long."

Hey, don't apologise, make em as long as you want to, the healing is in the writing and expressing..

Hoe you find what your looking for..

Brian

Welcome! I used to be on this site under a different name and let's just say a lot of stuff has happened and I havent been on in about a year. But I am looking forward to reconnecting with everyone and the newbies as well!

Welcome, Sarah. Just post your story when you're ready. We'll be here. :tealribbon:

Welcome..I"m new here to..

I hate that we have to meet under these circumstances but I'm sure you'll find everyone here helpful.