Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm New

hi everyone. my name is Mary, but you can call me Zorf. i'm 24 with a seven year old daughter who turns eight next week. i've just recently begun to talk about what happened to me, and this is one of the sites that i picked. it's nice to meet all of you

hi. I'm annie. hope you find the support you need here.

Hi and welcome to AS

I have a just 8 year old daughter - great age!

karen

Hi and welcome to AS

I have a just 8 year old daughter - great age!

karen

except when they're playing their music too loud or stealing your computer time :punch:

hehehe

Luckily we both like the same music - loud - and she is still more interested in her swing than my computer!!

karen

It takes time to tell your story and it can be very hard to do so, don't rush yourself honey. :console:

Welcome to After Silence. :)

Thanks everyone. i've only told one person my whole story, and he has been helping me with it for a long time. it is just hard to talk about it to someone else. i know whatever i tell him will be locked away. he'll never tell anyone what i tell him and he never thinks any less of me for it. i just get worried that other people won't be the same way

Hi zorf,

Take your time to find your feet. There is no pressure to jump in and say any more than you feel comfortable with, and if that means holding it back then don't feel awkward about doing that. It takes time.

You should only say as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

Good to see you on AS. I hope you will see from the posts that you will not be judged for what you say or think. It can be a safe place to let off steam and frustration.

Edited by foxy

Hi Zoft

You will not be judged here. Its a beautiful place where you can let your feelings out and not be scared of people telling you to "get over it".

Welcome along, I hope you find the peace here that i'm finding.

Welcome to AS, Zorf :hug:

I'm 24 as well! I bet your daughter is just the jewel of your days and nights huh? Well, I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but glad you've found us for the support.

God Bless ,

Ry

You had better believe it :) with all that has happened in my life, all the bad things that have plagued me, i can always look at her and feel lucky

Edited by Zorf24

Welcome to After Silence, Zorf!

The support and encouragement here is amazing. I hope you'll like it here :)

i met a lovely young woman here that i was able to tell my story to. she was only the second person i've told, ever. it actually was easy than i thought to talk about it, but when it came time to discuss what happened to me afterwards, what i did to myself afterwards, i almost broke down and cried. i couldn't tell her, no matter how much i wanted to. i've only told one person, and only because i know he won't judge me no matter what. it'll come in time, i know, and i'll be able to share it with all of you.