Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hello From A Survivor

Hi everyone,

I've often thought about joining a sexual abuse forum but I felt...shy, I guess. But after doing a lot of research I found AS and this looks like a very welcoming and caring community!

I am a survivor of incest at the hands of my mother.

I've done the one-on-one counseling and group therapy and a few years back I confronted her. We now have an...interesting relationship...more of a surface thing than anything else. I don't think I'll ever forgive her for what she did to me as a child but...we can have a conversation now without me seething in rage.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi!

:)

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

Welcome, Harmony--I love your name!

Thanks everyone!

:)

Quote:

Welcome, Harmony--I love your name!

I love to harmonize so I thought it would be a neat handle *grin*

Edited by Harmony

((((((((((((((((Harmony))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad that you found the courage to join - I truly believe and hope that you will find it very rewarding. AS is a very caring community - it has gotten me through some really, really difficult times and I hope that it will do the same for you.

I am also a survivor of incest - in my case it was my half-brother. I know how that can affect your trust in people - so much so that it is sometimes more comforting to converse with strangers than with people you know - never getting close. I can't imagine how your mother doing that to you affected you. I've never had a close relationship with my mother - quite the opposite in fact, but nothing in that direction and nothing that compares. That a person who was supposed to play a fundamental role in your life could do that to you...

Good luck

Love

Selene