Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello From A Survivor

Hi everyone,

I've often thought about joining a sexual abuse forum but I felt...shy, I guess. But after doing a lot of research I found AS and this looks like a very welcoming and caring community!

I am a survivor of incest at the hands of my mother.

I've done the one-on-one counseling and group therapy and a few years back I confronted her. We now have an...interesting relationship...more of a surface thing than anything else. I don't think I'll ever forgive her for what she did to me as a child but...we can have a conversation now without me seething in rage.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi!

:)

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

Welcome, Harmony--I love your name!

Thanks everyone!

:)

Quote:

Welcome, Harmony--I love your name!

I love to harmonize so I thought it would be a neat handle *grin*

Edited by Harmony

((((((((((((((((Harmony))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad that you found the courage to join - I truly believe and hope that you will find it very rewarding. AS is a very caring community - it has gotten me through some really, really difficult times and I hope that it will do the same for you.

I am also a survivor of incest - in my case it was my half-brother. I know how that can affect your trust in people - so much so that it is sometimes more comforting to converse with strangers than with people you know - never getting close. I can't imagine how your mother doing that to you affected you. I've never had a close relationship with my mother - quite the opposite in fact, but nothing in that direction and nothing that compares. That a person who was supposed to play a fundamental role in your life could do that to you...

Good luck

Love

Selene