Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Joined!

Hi there!

I'm Naomi from Jerusalem, Israel. I joined a few minutes ago after seeing a link on LiveJournal. I've been a member of pandys for a couple years and have found it very helpful, and I'm sure that this site will be just as warm and supportive :)

A bit about myself: I'm 22 (almost 23) years old, single, living alone. I recently was released from a 4 month stay in hospital for an ED and anxiety issues and have made some progress but am still very much in turmoil. I have some eating issues and often have panic attacks which tend to cripple me emotionally as they occur. I have been told by a few doctors/mental health professionals that my case is not psychiatric in nature; rather, it is psychological, meaning that pills don't do nothin' for me.

Why am I here? I was in an... unhealthy relationship two years ago with a very, very controling woman. I would rather not go into any details now, but suffice to say that a month after that relationship ended my eating disorder began. Over the past two years the flashbacks have mostly subsided but the aftereffects remain: disordered eating, panic attacks etc.

I have never been quite healthy, mentally. My psych's have agreed that my father was very emotionally abusive towards me and I grew up with very intense self hatred. I can't seem to shake the belief, the knowledge that I deserve pain, suffering, torture. I feel that I deserve all the hurt I can give myself and whatever others can dish out as well. Needless to say, this has led to some unhealthy behaviors.

On the bright side I've stopped cutting (over 2 months without!) and I've been using a cream that has been making my scars melt away. I'm ok with walking around with t-shirts and tank-tops and sometimes even feel self-confident. During my hospitalisation I gained a lot of insight into the sources of many of my problems (from the eating to the panic attacks to the self hate) and hope to continue that progress outside.

Anyway, I guess that's enough of an introduction. Nice to meet you all!

:hi: I am new here too. I just wanted to say Hi! It sounds like you have been through so much and I hope you are proud of yourself and how far you have come to be where you are now. :tealribbon: I look forward to getting to know you better.

:hi:

Marley

Hi Naomi :hi:

Welcome to After Silence. :hug:

welcome to AS .. :hug:

Welcome to AS, Naomi!

And, may I just say...you deserve light, love, beauty, peace and comfort! :hi::tealribbon:

welcome to AS Naomi...sorry again about talking so much about my issues tonight in the chat room...sometimes i get carried away...i hope you were able to talk after i left...take care and i hope you get what you need in this place....kevyn