Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Does it ever go away? I was raped 28 years ago...at the time I was ashamed and felt unable to tell anyone, after keeping it to myself for a few days and not coping well I enlisted the help of rape crisis who accompanied me to the std clinic etc and offered me support. I couldn't ever tell anyone and in all these years only myself, the rapist and rape crisis knew. Recently I have been in a new relationship and for the first time I told someone else (him) about the rape...I don't know why! Since then its been in my head and I can't seem to get rid of it, its filled me with all those feelings I had then, being worthless, guilty, ashamed, anger etc etc...... I want to deal with this but don't know how or why its affecting me 28 years on! My relationship hit a rocky patch a few weeks ago and I started to feel low, lots of upsetting emotions like I was spiralling out of control. Now since this event 28 years ago I suppose I have always been in control, sort of like I couldn't control the rape but can control my life. But in my current relationship my man is in control and I allow that, don't know if I like it however. Sorry sort of rambling a bit here but having real issues dealing with my feelings just now... don't know or understand it all but want to feel normal again.

Regards D

Hi and welcome to AS

I am sorry that this happened to you. You will find lots of support here.

best wishes

karen

I'm sorry for what you have gone through hun, feel free to make yourself right at home though. :bighug:

Welcome to AS. :wave:

welcome to AS...

it sounds like uv been pushing ur emotions down for a very long time now.. just wanted you to no that u can feel safe letting them out as much as u want to here, we are all here for each other and will provide support and advice when ever we can!

hope ur feeling better soon!

racheal :hug:

Welcome, Debe. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with. This is a very supportive board that will be here for you while you heal.

I know it hard to do so, but i think this place here is definately a place, where you can share things and not feel judged or misinterpreted or anything

Take Care

Welcome dear

feel free to share whatever pops into your head

:hug::hug::hug:

Nina

welcome to After Silence!!!!

im sorry about what happened to you. we are all here fo you whenever you need us.

:hug::wub::hug:

-kristine :tealribbon:

Welcome and know you can find comfort here. Its time to heal.

Love & Light & Healing