Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hope This Helps!

I just joined this website and I'm hoping it'll work for me, I was raped by an older cousin of mine when I was 12, and it went on for about a year. I did go to counsling for about a week but then decided to quit, so I've never really had any help in dealing with what happened. The guy who did this was just arrested for the same thing..only these girls were with him willingly, they are just all underage, 15 or younger. He is facing 10-15 years, maybe more.

I'm sorry for what your cousin put you through, I hope he is put away for a long long time. :hammer:

Make yourself at home and welcome to AS. :wave:

:hug:

Donna =)

Welcome! May he end his days in jail.

I hope you find AS helpful - I'm sure you will! It really is a great community, so make yourself at home and start healing.

Jacqui xxx

I hope he gets put away for a long time, too! I'm glad you're here and I hope AS can help you heal. You deserve to heal! :hug:

Thanks, you guys are too sweet :hug: I also hope he gets what he deserves, but I am having a hard time dealing with what is going on now, it's bringing back alot of memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't feel defeated when you have those bad days...we all have them, and it is a neccesary part of healing I believe. Just remember that what happened is NOT your fault, and that you are a strong, beautiful and GOOD person.

And also don't forget that you are not alone. Let others help you to find that inner strength you need on those bad days. Read and post, girl...read and post!

Angel Mist

Welcome! :hug: I hope to see you around the boards, this is a safe place to bring your thoughts and feelings to share, or just to read how other members are coping with theirs. :butterfly:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to reply to your post. Although you say that these girls were willing. They were still underage hence, the laws we have to *try* to protect minors. I am glad to hear he is going to jail for his crimes. Imo, the criminal justice system lets far too many pedophiles and rapists slip through the cracks.Also, sicne he was hyper-sexual as age twelve I wonder if he was abused or simply a young sociopath. Nonetheless, I can identify with your feelings. I was sexually abused by a family friend. I was seven and told my mother following him fondling me. I can hear her words ion my head like a broken record, "bad things happen to bad girls." Well, the fondling soon turned to well more severe abuse. To know that my mom knew and did nothing in order to maintain a facade that we were the perfectb family makes me ill. Imo, there is still a social stigma atached to survivors of abuse. Notice the criminal justice system uses the word "victim?" May I ask if you have had any counseling?

Nicole